Thetford mini-meet March 28th & *** AFTERMATH ***

REKIBorter":3vo6bhix said:
And don't forget the clocks go forward an hour Saturday night.

*Noted* - I'll be there tommorow chaps. The "O" will be aired (as usual)

Mark - Congratulations to you and the missus!

All the best - b"O"b

Right, unfortunatly the new arrival isn't settling to well, along with Esme being a pain and having to get the train i'm going to have to bail. Would hate to think of the scene on arrival home if i left the misses on her own to cope for 13 hours :shock:

Excellent ride today, thank to all. I now have a lovely egg shaped lump on my left knee but nothing a hot shower followed by roast dinner can't fix. I have come to the conclusion the Marin is jinxed and its time at Reki towers is now in doubt. This is how my day was squeak squeak squeak / click - tooltime / lunch - click click click / huff and puff. I can honestly say this was the hardest ride I have done for a long time, not sure if it was me, the bike or the conditions.

Riders in attendance:

Rekiborter - Marin Mount Vision Hotrod (cursed bike with death wish)
Cannondale King - MPOS (but better than a marin mount vision) :LOL: :LOL: You're probably right ;)
Wobbly John - Univega 504
Neil__J - KHS Montana Pro
Jango - Massey Ferguson MF8600
Bob - Marin Eldridge Grade
Lewis - Rocky Mountain Element
Boy "O" Boy - Orange Alu O
Lou74 - The Totaly F*cked Funk

One second REKIBorter is on the trail ahead...

...the next he's got the bike upside-down to fix that squeaking disc brake again.

Howdy do dat?

Video :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Very good John. Still not sure what happened. The rear end launched me into the air and sent me off the trail. All I could think of was don't touch the front brake as that would catapult me over the bars and don't stick my arm out to cushion the landing. One moment I was upright the next on my arse. Feeling a bit sore and stiff but a couple of cans of pain killer are helping.

Longer video of the ride is processing at the moment. Unfortunately with a forward facing camera, you get a lot of Retrobikers arses. :roll:

Still, you should be able to recognise yourselves.

Edit:Longer video posted.

Bikerepair.jpg

Bicycle repair man!

Back