Road Bike of The Month April 2010 - Nominations please!

wouldn't it be nice with some sort of theme?

something like botm april is one era and may is another and so on. maybe april is for green bikes, may is for red, ...

i mean this could avoid everyone nominating all their bikes every month which would be a little boring in the end.

This shiny device -

IMG_1478.jpg

drøn":f1ytq8pq said:

something like botm april is one era and may is another and so on. maybe april is for green bikes, may is for red, ...

i mean this could avoid everyone nominating all their bikes every month which would be a little boring in the end.
ns

Sounds like a plan - I'm up for that :)

bikemeister2000":72xv1lqj said:
drøn":72xv1lqj said:

ns

there are regularly themes in the bike of the month comps, but not always, sometimes i think it's nice just to have a broad spectrum.

also i think it isn't a good thing to voice these ideas in the actual botm thread, which seems to happen regularly, no offence, just think it's not the right place for it. this is where we all can ponce off our bikes not where we argue about the rules of the event.

:)

@dron - could you make your avatar a little smaller please...

We do normally run a 'feature' month in the mtb botm on alternate months. May well do so in the road botm in the future - need to see how things progress.

If you check the rules we only allow one entry per person and bikes may only be entered once (unless it's for a 'feature' month).

Some nice entries thus far. Keep 'em coming.

jonnyboy666":rjr474pu said:
bikemeister2000":rjr474pu said:
drøn":rjr474pu said:

ns

there are regularly themes in the bike of the month comps, but not always, sometimes i think it's nice just to have a broad spectrum.

also i think it isn't a good thing to voice these ideas in the actual botm thread, which seems to happen regularly, no offence, just think it's not the right place for it. this is where we all can ponce off our bikes not where we argue about the rules of the event.

I'm sorry you feel that way. But it is very boring seeing the same bikes paraded each month. The purpose of a theme would allow some variety.

bikemeister2000":34hoeg5o said:
jonnyboy666":34hoeg5o said:
bikemeister2000":34hoeg5o said:
drøn":34hoeg5o said:

ns

I'm sorry you feel that way. But it is very boring seeing the same bikes paraded each month. The purpose of a theme would allow some variety.

As per my post above and the rules a bike may only be enetered once in BoTM unless there is a feature month.

Due to the hand wringing and wailing I've pulled the Merckx out as I may have entered it before - will try to get some photos and something else up in it's place.

I wondered where they'd gone..................

Thought I was suffering from some sort of Old Timers disease.............. ;)

Back