fake ringle holy one?

That's a real one as far as I can tell. Good way of judging copies is that the final hole on the Ringles is quite big and qoes quite far towards the edge of the alumium. Copies tend to have much smaller holes than that. Ringles have machined out rears to the clamp too - but not sure if that is always the case.

^^^

Having said that though, the nut doesn't seem quite right - but this may be because it's missing the rubber grommit thing that wraps around the outside...

manitou916":27raapft said:
It is 100% Ringle. Steel skewer version. All original right down to the springs - just missing a rubber O-ring.

Ah, I see, thanks!
Strange the seller is mentioning it is a copy ringle (kopie)...?!
Maybe the seller is not sure it is a ringle and is listing it this way just to be sure....

Titanium skewered Ringle levers are machined out at the back. Steel skewered Ringle levers are not :)

Dunno what you mean exactly by this?
So the lever is machined out at the back with titanium versions?
What does this mean? You mean the 3 holes are machined out from the wheel side (when closed) of the lever and steel versions are, well, they are machined as well, right? or do you mean the twisters?
By machining I mean drilling out those 3 holes or am I missing something?

thanks!

Bike-Tech (German Klein and Fat distributor back then) had 1:1 copies of the Ringle skewers and many other parts in the program. so if the seller already states that these are clones i think there are good reasons to believe that they are. i cannot locate a pic of the Bike-Tech skewers but i am sure there are minimal differences that would allow to seperate them apart.

Carsten

thanks, manitou916, for clearing that out for me with the photo's, makes sense to me now completely!

gee, what about those replica's.... :| ?!

Back