Is My Bike Rare?

team_lard

Devout Dirtbag
Or was it just that no one bought them when they were out?

It's a DiamonBack 'X-Link Sport' that used to look like this

DSCF0684.jpg

Bit of a lash-up TBH, the original Bitsa! It was only a frameset when I got it

DSCF0682.jpg

Over the last 12months it has matured a bit.

various147.jpg

Grown a new fork . . . but I wouldn't say no to an air shock which I think would balance the suspension action between front and rear

various148.jpg

It's even found the odd admirer.

various152.jpg

Yet I've never seen another one :?: The best I can find is the odd mention on French websites. Has anyone any info? I think it's a UK bike, it has a Leeds dealer sticker on the bottom pivot.

luv'n'stuff

J

You've turned that into a nice looking bike. Can't say i've seen another but that doesn.t necessarily make it rare

lewis1641":1ldj77wf said:
You've turned that into a nice looking bike. Can't say i've seen another but that doesn.t necessarily make it rare

Thank you. That's a nice thing to say.

TBH it was an experiment. I got the fork for buttons cos it was 'broke', bought the discs on the bay and built the wheels from Edinburgh cycles 'chuck it out' sale.

The real wrench was buying the brakes, I haven't spent over a hundred quid on bike bits for ever such a long time! I like the way it rides. It carries my 2cwt quite happily and my eldest lad thinks it's 'cool!' It will never be as light as my Trek 950 or my DynaTechs but it is extremely tough and I don't mind getting it a bit muddy now and then ;)

Anyone got a decent air shock they want out of? I'll test it to destruction, sorry, put it to some good use . . .

luv'n'stuff

J

hey thats not bad! have you looked on bikepedia? i recall seeing some of these frames, possibly on ebay or looking on google for diamondback related stuff (check signature). i think they are for the american market although im not sure but, the american version of my frame (in signature) is far far different from mine :roll: :?

That look's pretty good :cool: , quite a transformation from the first pic, look's far better with the grey forks and disc brakes.

Kind of agree with mike, the black rear would look ace, look's fine as it is but would look hard as nails all black ;)

mikesnowdon":356j2gv7 said:
Nice. I'd get the backend resprayed black :cool:

i agree with mike there,back to black my gt has the stealth look and i reckon they look pretty cool in black.great work by the way she looks well better

O M G !

For the first time in my life I've built something that people like! Maybe I should rename this thread to 'Is My Bike Cool?

Or is that pushing it?

Back