1992 Orange Aluminium Elite.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Managed to delete all my retrobike pictures so added a few on page 2. :roll:

Another part of my five a day arrived today! Thanks to Del for the sale and giving me yet another project to start before I've finished others. :roll: :cool:

Frame is a lovely 1992 Orange Aluminium Elite (serial number A2040122), 19". Included were the original forks, Alu Stalk, and Hot Rod bars so they are what I'll base this build around.

Ever since I joined the forum I've loved all boy"O"boy's Alu Oranges so am pinching inspiration from his Elite build. Plan is to make a tidy rider for road work, but this is subject to change. Nothing too flash but lots of shiny bare alu with maybe a splash of colour here and there.

Started today by stripping the old lacquer that was looking tired. Harder job then I thought but it should come up well. Think I'm going to need a huge tub of autosol and a lot of elbow grease!

Updates to follow. :D

This was my frame :) before I managed to find a more appropriate 17" (as in my sig below).

It's had a few owners (only as a frame) in the past 2 years, so about time it was brought back to it's former glory :cool:

Re: 1992 Orange Aluminium Elite Project.

brocklanders023":2kek75u7 said:
Ever since I joined the forum I've loved all boy"O"boy's Alu Oranges so am pinching inspiration from his Elite build.

:oops: :oops: :oops: - I'm going to blush!! Glad to be of inspiration. Like the 'squeezed' line from minor_LEGEND too!!
The polishing was very labour intensive - although I still wish I'd decided to re - laquer the frame to protect graphics and shine on the end finish... not that I've ridden it much..... it's the "O"s that are taking the riding abuse at the moment.

You'll need -
Seatpost 31.6mm
Front mech 34.9mm top pull
Headset 1 1/4"
Bottom bracket 68 x 118mm
Patience!!!

Watching with interest - boy"O"boy

Attachments

• elite_4.jpg
    elite_4.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 15,219
  • retrobikeStalk.jpg
    retrobikeStalk.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 15,216
  • COMPLETE_AluElite_reduced.jpg
    COMPLETE_AluElite_reduced.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 15,207
  • autosolon.jpg
    autosolon.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 15,216
I am also finding the polishing harder then I thought b'O'b. It's all the last little bits of laquer that I'm struggling to have the patience to remove :roll: Gonna be a shiny beast when it's finished though. Might have to get it re-coated when finished but I'll have to see how the funds hold up.

Thanks for the info ;) Saved me having to start a new thread asking for the seat post size etc.

cool project, and nice to see a good amount of resurrected Oranges here at the moment.

Be watching this one intently, as it was always my 2nd in command to the Alu 'O' :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Clockwork in the background looks pretty amazing too. :cool: :cool:

Thanks Steve. :cool: Just won a bike that will donate it's XTR to this as long as it's in good nick so things are coming on. Back to the polishing!

Back