1993 Road going Orange - updated 07/08/10

pigman":dg4jvz0m said:
good work there LGF.
where did you get the coloured outer casing? Coloured cables used to be a big decorative item. these days it seems to be campag/shimano black or grey only.
I've possibly still got an unused blue coated gear cable somewhere. But one only, not pair I'm afraid. Worth me looking? Would be FOC.

ebay is the best place for coloured cable - not all of it is double sleeved though.

The blue brake cable is a chopped up BMX cable, the rest is left over from something else.

The grey bit is Shimano SIS, cos it was there in the box and the right size.

It would be called a Formula as it's custom. They are in the early catalouges, Mr K has one as well, though iirc in the orange/white fade and of older vintage.

What Columbus tubing is it made from ?

FluffyChicken":2d5t2ll9 said:
It would be called a Formula as it's custom. They are in the early catalouges, Mr K has one as well, though iirc in the orange/white fade and of older vintage.

What Columbus tubing is it made from ?

SLX

ededwards":2d5t2ll9 said:
legrandefromage":2d5t2ll9 said:
ededwards":2d5t2ll9 said:
Lovely but that poor, poor rear mech....

campagnolo athena?

Sorry, wasn't clear - a lovely mech, just the fact that it's being stretched to the limit in the photo

not this mech, baby, just enough tension in the lowest gears and plenty of room left for the big cogs. dont want to chain slap this now its all nice.

Attachments

• loads of room.jpg
    loads of room.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 711
another pic, just so I can look at it without the need to go to the garage, in the dark

might also ride it too....

an_orange_in_the_bush_162.jpg

She's a beauty :cool:
I think I need a road bike now... :oops: :roll:

Back