Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

It climbs hills like a bike that's great at climbing hills. It descends like, erm, a bike that's really great at climbing hills. A little frisky but fine once you're used to it.

No problems with old tubes - everything was new - took me a year of sneaking purchases past the boss before 'build day'. The photo is a couple of years old - it's had some action since then so has a few battle scars - most of which were picked up in a single day at Coed Y Brenin (high saddle and 80mm forks is probably not the best set up - for Coed Y Brenin - I'm a southerner, the South Downs is my normal stomping ground).

Ogre XT":39hn2lnj said:
I still have my original SPD Pedals. If I buy modern cleats - will they work on these pedals..

In short; yes. The design of the 'single release' cleats is pretty much identical to the original ones. I've never tried the 'multi release' ones though so I couldn't comment on those.

M Trax - add paint

I have just rescued an early M Trax from the bin men. It needed a respray, so have stripped it of its paint. Now I need some advice - what coulour should it be, and should I get a professional job - or home can of spray?

I would of loved to get it powdercoated, but those bonded lugs...

Attachments

• paint needed.JPG
    paint needed.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,629
Why not get it professionally resprayed (not too expensive) in the original colous.. you could have a real good un here. Is it a full bike - or just a frame?

Cheers. Its not a top of the range one. Crossbar and Down tube are titanium, the rest is steel.

I only got the frame, headset, bb, single rear brake and seat bolt. All scrap bar the frame (which has a slight dink in the crossbar), and i had to drill out the seat bolt.

I intend to make it a commuting bike with some of the spares i have hanging around. Although it may become a v nice commuter....

bsurf":1h74yfy2 said:
just been to my mates house and found a brand new mt5 frame ....

bsurf, can't wait to see a photo of the MT5 frame. I have an MT5 myself and have never seen any photos of others (sinnetts Team Dyna-Tech being the exception).

Just came about 10 minutes ago:

'91 Mission! Thumbs, chainset, Smoke Lites are like new. Also came with standard canti's, purple dcd and some other stuff.

:D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• small 26032010961.jpg
    small 26032010961.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2,601
Back