What to do with a nice but busted up steel frame?

What to do with a nice but busted up steel frame?

• Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Repair

• Sell

• Total voters
Sorry story but if you do repair then best to bear in mind that only Merckx do proper Merckx decals and their resprays, including stripping, will probably run to £280-£300.

That, and the fact that it is too small (suggest not risking an ovalised seattube by using a long seatpost) means that selling or ornament is the way to go.

From personal experience the problem with renovation/repair is that it will look like new and you end up losing the emotional link with it.

It pains me to say it but maybe the scrap option is best. Don't pass on the responsibility to someone else by selling it and don't torture yourself for ever more by hanging it "as is" on the wall.

On the other hand...

Now you've got me at it and I can't decide which way to go.

I don't envy you.
OK, I've gone for keep.

daccordimark":1a5v3971 said:
From personal experience the problem with renovation/repair is that it will look like new and you end up losing the emotional link with it.

It pains me to say it but maybe the scrap option is best. Don't pass on the responsibility to someone else by selling it and don't torture yourself for ever more by hanging it "as is" on the wall.

On the other hand...

Now you've got me at it and I can't decide which way to go.

I don't envy you.
OK, I've gone for keep.

:LOL:

I'm unsure I'd be comfortable selling the frame on, even if the other party was happy with the conidtion.

Probably best keeping it and hanging it on the wall. For another 6 years...

Back