Tim Gould's Team Peugeot Roberts White Spider

Superb! The best pic I've seen - thanks for posting. I've got to get a copy of that issue: what is the article that goes with it?

Also - anyone know what those cranks are?

wow.....

a truly stunning bike, one of the original frames that had me lost for words, as it was 753, and not many were usung it, .......such a great thread, and an amazing story good luck with it, and cant wait to read more.............awesum......., a fantastic time bitd......... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers for bumping it Sinnerman - just had a right good read through! :D

Like everyone else here, Tim was a massive hero for me when I was first getting into bikes and racing 'cross from age 9 in 1988 onwards! I was lucky enough to recieve a club trophy off him when he was guest of honour at Wolverhampton Wheelers annual do, don't think I actually managed to say anything coherent to him though! :oops:

Not sure what year that would've been, maybe 95ish, but seem to remember orange bikes... :? Wouldn't rely on that though!

So, what state is the bike in now and has anyone tracked down Tim yet?

Looking forward to more, thanks Dr Bond! :cool:

Just read this thread, & very interesting it is too!

Harry Gould (their dad) & Julian are still involved with Matlock CC, & I'm sure that Tim was mentioned on their website as being active too!

http://matlock.mybikeclub.co.uk/

I don't know Tim, but like others I have spoken to him (mainly at crosses, in the past)

I do know Steve Barnes though (ex 'Ace Racing team') & can ask him if he is still in touch at all

Stolen Ritchey P21

It was a long long time ago now, but I never forget my stolen Ritchey P21. It was my pride & joy. I worked in a hotel in Plymouth that the Ritchey team were staying at while they were running the Newnham round. It was very close to the end of the tour so on the off chance I came in with a wedge of cash & asked if I could buy one off them. The surprising answer was yes. It was Campag throughout & was in perfect nick. It was never seen again.

outatanding thread
i was racing around the time of tim dominance in the sport and have some real nice pics, maybe have one of this bike as we did malvern a few times
ive promised to get some pics set up, so will notify you when theyre on, struggling with the tech at the mo.

amazement

Im still stunned......!!!!! A British Pro riders bike, sponsered by a french company, that used an English custom builder to build a race winning bike...!!!!! just awesum.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

what a great find...... :shock:

great thread to read too....!!!!

Back