project 'del boy'

hoegaardenadds1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
the plan:

to build a bike to the highest possible spec, for the price of a bso(£75) with as much wheeler dealering as possible.

the rules:

not to go over budget no matter what
aesthetics don't matter, only performance

the result:
managed to stick to the rules, although did re-spray the stem.

not quite finished but will be soon.

4462457237_2a21a21e2c_b.jpg

its been tricky balancing performance against price but think ive managed to spend on the important bits and save on the less important ones.

I must be ina minority of liking these giant frames. Or at least the wishbone. Think they look cool :cool:

Looking forward to a full spec list.

have you bought everything with the £75? sounds interesting, I have a Cannondale frame here I got for a £5 :?:

Think the rocks are lower (or were). Below the XTCs etc.

Stand to be corrected though!

kaiser":1yn1m558 said:
have you bought everything with the £75? sounds interesting, I have a Cannondale frame here I got for a £5 :?:

everything i have had to pay for has come under £75

frame £15

cranks and brakes £20

tyres £20

gearing (shifters and mechs) £20

everything else has been swapped from various members on here.

what do you mean swapped? some of your old kit for components? have you used anything of your own on the build from your parts box and stuff?

a lot of the 'swaps' have been parts for parts, for instance the stem came in a bundle from cyfa, that i swapped for some spares i had.

other swaps have been more like 'deals' for instance the forks came from oldschool, that i swapped for some other forks that i "paid" for by selling loads of other bike bits.

the £75 budget was my own cash money but any thing else was 'paid' for either by swapping bits for bits or selling stuff to pay for bits(there were only two of these for the front wheel and the forks)

Back