BoTM July - Riders Special **GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN NOW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
1992 Scott Unitrack CST

I'd like to enter my CST. Sorry,no action shots since I ride solo but the bike does have a racing history. We named the bike Captain America because of the colors.
This bike was raced in the 1993 Suisse World Cup downhill event by Thomas Frischknecht when he raced for Team Ritchey.This is frame#0143 and built with Ritchey Logic/Super Prestige tubing.
There was a photograph of Frischi riding the Scott during the 1993 season but on the Ritchey website,they state a Ritchey soft-tail was used. Frischi's old website once showed him racing the Scott CST with it's distinctive rear swingarm. Ritchey did use a Ritchey soft-tail for the '94 season.
The Ritchey colors were sprayed over the CST's white and silver factory paint sometime around the 1993 season.
I found the frame on Ebay and built it up with Shimano XTR and Ritchey Logic components from another CST I own,along with a Scott Unishock LF fork.
The bike is ridden almost daily at my local trail. The bike climbs very well without losing traction when standing up on the pedals. The bike weighs 28 pounds but it feels lighter than that.
Down hilling on this bike is the best part.The shocks are old but they still manage to soften the washboard surfaces and ruts that run across the trail. The bike tracked around corners without understeering and when I do hit a bump,it flies,thanks to the suspension.

BTW,I nominate Rumphy's 92/93 John Tomac signature Raleigh. It's a beauty.

Attachments

• Frischi Scott.jpg
    Frischi Scott.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,870
  • Captain America.jpg
    Captain America.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,870
Alpinestars with mud

As ridden during my night stint for the Retrobike Pee Wee team last month... still got the Malvern mud on the Porcs two weeks later! Blue jockey wheel courtesy of my mechanic Mad Max; features Onza Ti Mk 1 bar ends and nice Sims Lightening cranks.

Neil

Attachments

• AS CroMega DX 1.jpg
    AS CroMega DX 1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,858
I'd like to submit my sling shot, recently used in a 50 km race in Mount Amiata, south of Tuscany, Italy... Sorry for the crappy pic, the frame is the one in the first photo, only with new school Dt/Paul components wheelset, race face cranks, avid ultimate levers and sram x9 shifters/rear derailleur. OK, not period correct, but I really race the rig...
Sorry for my face, but I just have that one, and I was suffering soooo much... :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_1362[1].jpg
    IMG_1362[1].jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,801
  • sling1.jpg
    sling1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,801
I now use my RC200 or my Dyna Tech roadie as a daily since my Orange is now a frame. I have also sold my car so there! :LOL:

I would have to vote for the Psyclone though. Proper retro all the way!

OK, some top entries including two slingshots. Will get the poll up over the next couple of days.

Don't forget winnner gets an EXCLUSIVE RETROBIKE ROSETTE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back