The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

mrkawasaki":1cmcweq8 said:
No new arrivals, Mark...???

Mr K

Yep the ti-mega is here Neil and i'm allowed to keep the Dyna-Tech too :D . I have the ti-mega built up with bits of this and that, I just need a 27.2 XT seatpost and some wheels to finish it. Hopefully it will be ready for your North Wales meet.

Woody":2cphqa2y said:
Went out with Paul , Ed and Simon the other day , had a lovely ride on the local trails. Still 4ft of snow in places ,we enjoyed a pint of chips at the pub then came home and found my new arrival waiting for me ! :D

You got back alright then. :D Great little ride in the end. You missed out on a pint and a curry in the pub afterwards though.
What's this new arrival then...?

.......er , didn't get back alright really Paul ! I took a tumble down cumberland clough , tried to change my line then got all tangled up ...what a plonka! The new arrival begins with Y and ends in I :cool: My bike spending budget for 2010 has gone already ! :(

Woody":3n89trsc said:
.......er , didn't get back alright really Paul ! I took a tumble down cumberland clough , tried to change my line then got all tangled up ...what a plonka! The new arrival begins with Y and ends in I :cool: My bike spending budget for 2010 has gone already ! :(

Oh dear, these modern bikes tend to encourage indecision. I hope you only dented your pride. .
Looking forward to seeing the new bike then. A Yeti and a DeKerf eh? You'll be a strong contender for the bike of the region double.

Let me know if your around next week and we'll have to try to get these midweek 'I should really be working' rides a regular feature now that it's warming up a bit. :cool:

Just a reminder that the next Macclesfield Forest ride will take place on the 10th April rather than the 17th as previously advertised.

More info here.

:cool:

Is anyone free for a bimble on the 17th of this month?? Us yorkies are planning on doing something in the Lakes or Hamsterly forest- both not too far from your patch?? Usual good banter, pub stop, steady away kinda thing.

Could I just say a huge thanks to the fine gentlemen of the NWA who joined the Yorkies on Saturday in the lakes. And thanks to Mark for getting everyone over the final pass as I cut back along the river with the other early finishers.

Cheers
Si

Dr S":23rjh716 said:
Could I just say a huge thanks to the fine gentlemen of the NWA who joined the Yorkies on Saturday in the lakes. And thanks to Mark for getting everyone over the final pass as I cut back along the river with the other early finishers.

Cheers
Si
No worries Si, in truth no guiding was required, your fellow modern mincing North Easterners led the way home.

Great ride though, really enjoyed it. Totally no need for either a modern bike, nor suspension either imho, poor form old boy! Hoping for better at the 3 tribes Peaks meet in a fortnights time!

Back