removed from sale

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A little history, the frame was purchased from a gentleman near Nottingham and he'd had it resprayed and enamelled in racing green at some point in his ownership, there are no badges or stickers to certify the frame material but confident it is Reynolds 531 & the wrapover seat-stays are very very nice as is the lugwork. The frame number is E6007 which is embossed on the underside of the BB shell. It was originally fitted with a Williams chainset (dated 1963).
The dropouts are Zeus, lugs are nervex, I asked the owner of a Carlton dedicated website(http://www.carltoncycles.me.uk) what it was he thought it was and he replied it was built somewhere between 1958-60 & possibly a Super Python. I do not have any evidence to support this so please assess on what you can see. Whilst the parts are not period I think the selection make for an easy ride.

Seat tube is 60cm c-c (60.5c-t), 57cm c-c top tube. rear spread is 130mm. Takes a 27.2mm seatpost and the picture below sees the overal bike weight including pump and bag at circa 11kg.

Gregorio":og4zbsdc said:
Love the colour and very nice looking build! Rather optimistic price though.
Really? For what you would pay for the components/wheels/bag etc in the condition they're in that would give an approximate frame/fork/headset price of £150, I don't think it is too unrealistic a price to be honest.
However if you think it's not worth my asking price what would be a realistic price?

to give you an idea, my Carlton 531 tubed Catalina sold for about £175 about 2 years ago, 100% original

Attachments

• carlton catalina.jpg
    carlton catalina.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 3,325
That's original! :shock: OP's is much nicer!

Tel enters wannabe mod mode! The rules state:

- Keep commentary on pricing to a minimum - the value of retro parts is very subjective.

And have this not quite finished yet NOS Carlton pro with full campagnolo record groupset including hubs,frame has never been ridden and is being built at the moment and i think I would be lucky to get 600.

Cheers Tel
Won't be for sale by the way just a guide to show whats out there,the groupset is not new but very good condition the wheels are new italian clincher rims on large flange record hubs,and the brooks is near mint pro also very shiny GB stem and bars as the original.

Back