How far will you go for the love of your life (bike that is)

Things do go crazy sometimes but many times Ive seen things go for crazy money then to see the same thing sell for next to nothing!I just depends whos around at the time and whether someone is around looking for a certain part at a particular time!

Regarding white tyres I hate them..slight bit of mud and they look awful!

Ive been one the other end of this a few times...put some Grafton Straddle wire hangers on the bay.Expected maybe £25-£30?Sold for £83.50!! :shock:
J

Kind of on the same lines, I used to have a set of red Z-max's BITD and really hanker after another set, but I have never seen any on fleabay or the like. What sort of money do they go for when they do come up? Anyone got any?

xeo":ksxgr1mg said:
that is maddness. unfortunate for us lot, as people start to learn what retro junkies are willing to pay for stuff, prices go up..

True, but the price of these Porcs is being dictated by Market Forces :roll:

Personally I'd love a set, but not GBP120+ love a set.. They'll be the finishing touch to someones ride that's for sure :cool:

I was after some Onza Tyres from around 95-96. Never thought i'd find used set let alone a brand new boxed pair. Shipped from the US for $73 all in, except the import tax that no doubt i'll get stung for.

You just got to keep looking.....

I think the chances are if you buy something expensive and desirable now and keep it in good nick you'll get your money back (and some) if you come to sell it.

This is what I tell myself anyway.... ;)

Going back to the original question, how far will you go for the love (bike) of your life?

I'm doing a 80 mile round trip on saturday morning to get the headset cups taken out of my Parkpre Pro Image frame, would not trust any other more local shop to do it. In a couple of weeks I'll take it back for them to re-install them once the frame is restored back to its former glory.

I'm doing a 80 mile round trip on saturday)
True love. But i'm also careful about who i let near my bike. My local 'Holloway cycles' did a great job and just charged me £17 :shock:

My hubby did a 90 mile round trip on his bike to pick up a tandem trailer bike; I'm far too lazy :)

I take my own cups out though as I don't like the look of out LBS bods. I don't think they have ever ridden a bike, how can they possibly share the love :LOL:

kingroon":14rtirc0 said:
xeo":14rtirc0 said:
that is maddness. unfortunate for us lot, as people start to learn what retro junkies are willing to pay for stuff, prices go up..

True, but the price of these Porcs is being dictated by Market Forces :roll:

Market forces push the price of these things up at the moment because 'retro-biking' is a relatively small phenomenon and there aren't that many onza porcs or M900 rear mechs about. Low supply, high demand = high prices.

As retro-biking grows and more people start digging at the back of their garden sheds or garages for retro bits, more porcs and mechs will become available, increasing supply, reducing rarity and lowering the price.

Back