BoTM July - Riders Special **GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN NOW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite Melv's best efforts (and the Miyata and Pan are stunning) I think it's gonna have to be the Psyclone for me. Same year as mine and the best decals / colour scheme ever seen on a GT with a fantastic frame to put them on from the time when GT really paid attention to the design of their frames (Groove Tube, ovalised main triangle ends, ring reinforced head tube, replaceable rear mech hangers etc...). Great selection of components too - but maybe loses a couple of points for not having the flip-flop II stem...? Having said that though they weighed a ton so understand why it was ditched, and if it was bought solely as a frame it wouldn't have had one anyway... Great action shots too!

Not voting just yet (obviously) but this is where I stand so far...

the only MTB rider i can throw in is my trusty old Klein Pulse II. no, that's not me riding it but i guess i have better chances with that rider on it ;) and i am also not the guy on the Quantum Race (although my bike too).

Imgp5013.jpg

My first entry to BOTM :!:

How about I throw down another Kona Explosif - I still haven't got any decent photo's of it or any of it in action recently but you can clearly see that it has had and is still getting a lot of serious use (some would say abuse).

1995 frame with original prototype funky 1996 paint. Owned by me since new and dented on the top tube within two weeks :oops: It's been ridden and raced in half a dozen countries by me since and has been a rigid singlespeed for the last 5 years :roll:

yleo6q.jpg

Trackends and V-brake guide added after the dropout snapped last year (note the use of Hammerite - the original paintwork will not be replaced by me... it's history and I love it :p ).

yleo6p.jpg

A true workhorse of a bike that has surprised me with it's longevity... may we have many more happy years together :D

BoyBurning":92a4amat said:
I think it's gonna have to be the Psyclone for me.

Second on that! Rumpfy's Psyclone is lovely. Who was that young chap that rode in Team GT with Psyclone when everyone else rode Xizangs back then ? Jimi Killeen or something ?

Archangel":r9qab27o said:
BoyBurning":r9qab27o said:
I think it's gonna have to be the Psyclone for me.

Second on that! Rumpfy's Psyclone is lovely. Who was that young chap that rode in Team GT with Psyclone when everyone else rode Xizangs back then ? Jimi Killeen or something ?

Yep. Thats actually loosely what the build was based on.

While Juli and Rishi, Hans, Tom Rodgers, etc were all on Xizangs or Zaskars...young Jimi was on a fillet brazed Psyclone.

And since I'm pro-fillet brazed steel frames...this was perfect.

Its not all that light, but the ride is surprisingly balanced.
Took 1st place in the Keyesville Classic Downhill Vintage class. :D

I'm now running a Syncros Powerlite fork on it now after the Mag20 died.

Carsten":1evmjp8d said:
the only MTB rider i can throw in is my trusty old Klein Pulse II. no, that's not me riding it but i guess i have better chances with that rider on it ;) and i am also not the guy on the Quantum Race (although my bike too).

Cute...uh...bike? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back