Anybody tried Sram x9 or xo levers (Warning Modern content)

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know its not a retro subject but anybody tried sram's x9 and x0 series levers and what did they think as I'm thinking of possibly getting some in the future, currently running gripshift 9.0sl but getting a bit fed up of them, are they anything like shimano's rapidfire plus? as they look quite simular, any disadvantages or advantages?

I know scant'll burn me for saying it but I love my XOs with the XO mech. Firmer feel than shimano, multiple adjustments available and the carbon looks cool. Pricey when you add in the matching mech but mine have lasted a decent long while (unlike scant, I'm not a 200 mile a day welsh mountain goat hardcore [you know the score] cyclist, so that may be the reason why)

What adjustments can be made?, I do like my sram 9.0sl rear mech and have had my matching gripshift for ages just getting a bit fed up of the hand ache from using them, I do like being able to shift up and drop multiple gears with them though.

agree

Agree with above, X0 is the best you can get. X9 is close and cheaper, but doesn't have the finer details.
Personally I've got X0 and wouldn't have anything else. I work work in a bike shop so get to test everything regularly and nothing comes close, even the (too light action and no feedback) XTR.

CRC are selling an X0 rear mech £139 :shock: A lovely mech but.....

The X7's and below are pretty cheesy but we have had good success with the X9 and X0 shifters. I still think the Shimano shifters are have better button placement but it may just be familiarity?

XOs have nice left to right adjustment (two positions available so you can either run inside or outside the brake levers) and the big thumb lever can be rotated roughly 90 degrees to make the lever stick out or in (depends if you've got big or small thumbs!)

Cool sounds like xo are a bit nicer to use then, if I can pick a set of levers up cheaply might go for them instead of x9 but think I'll probably stick to x9 for the rear mech unless something happens where they come down a hell of a lot in price, currently trying to negotiate with someone selling a rear xo lever as the price he wants for it is not much more than a new x9 so think I will try 1 on my retro ish downhill rig and see how I get on with it from there and if all's fine see about getting a set for the cannondale cheers for all the help.

Back