hiya - who was it that had the lovely Orange road bike?

mrkawasaki":lrlu7dq2 said:
Perhaps not so luvverly, but probably an equally scarce bit of steel - an Orange 'Formula' in lugged 753 - flat-barred by me otherwise original.

Mr K
The Formula is really lovely but that straining rear mech makes me wince.

Loving LGFs Dynamo too.

Deja Vu All Over Again

ededwards":1u8hfuwo said:
The Formula is really lovely but that straining rear mech makes me wince.

Sheesh - I thought I'd mistakenly posted on MTBR circa 2006/7 aka 'The Rumpfy Years'... :roll: :LOL:

Mr K

ta - they're all lovely.

but, are you all really tall?

i'm a road bike - size sceptic though
on a 54 at the minute and thats effective (it's a Kona cross bike) and i'm 5'11'' and never been too keen on the high top tube look / feel.

Mr.K and Mr. Ed are both unfeesably tall but only at certain angles and after 3pm.

I'm comfortably riding 59cm at 6'1" so my citrus might be a bit small.

Some nice-looking frames there. I had no idea they did so much in the way of road frames and for so long (I vaguely remember the Roadie-O in their online catalogue about 9-10 years ago, which seemed to sink without trace in a year or so). Were they made on-site at Halifax or outsourced?

David

David B":1rio7vn9 said:
Some nice-looking frames there. I had no idea they did so much in the way of road frames and for so long (I vaguely remember the Roadie-O in their online catalogue about 9-10 years ago, which seemed to sink without trace in a year or so). Were they made on-site at Halifax or outsourced?

David

I would kill for a Roadie-O. They were in the '99 brochure and Stif once offered me one, but I never saw one in the flesh, ever.

In fact, the Dynamo on this thread was the first Orange I saw in real life and it turned out to be f-a-a-a-a-r too big for me.
To Le Grand Fromage: please don't sell the bike, it breaks my heart to keep seeing it get passed around...

Back