Aeronaut's DMR Trailstar

Neil G":24g8ldie said:
I would have thought 203mm is more for DH riding myself but TBH put on it what you want to, it's not going to ruin it!

You're right, whatever ends up on it will stop me and that's all i'm really worried about tbh.. That size is just whats coming with the set, if i'd have purchased new instead i'd have gone for smaller. Can always swap them out if need be. I might just keep em large just to annoy people :twisted: ;)

Still waiting for the buggers!!

Brakes arrived today :)

Spent a bit of time cleaning them before fitting the rear, tweaking here and there until I was happy with the fit.. the front will have to wait as I need the correct mount for that. The one supplied was a 'D' mount for a boxer fork where as it needs a 'B' to stop it fouling the spokes like it was doing, so i'll have to wait for that.
Still some securing of the cable to do as I ran out of zip ties and some minor adjustments to fully centralise the caliper but all it well.

Had a few errands to run so raised the saddle to stretch the legs and took it out for a test run. All I can say is :mrgreen:

Everything runs perfectly, no rattles or squeeks. It feels very solid with it feeling light and snappy at the same time, eating the kerbs getting some light air, shaking it down while having a little play in the school run traffic.
Was amazed just how silent it all runs.. until I stop peddling that is! I love that clatter of the Hopes.
The stopping power is spot on with nice progression and feel at the lever giving me full confidence where needed, and plenty of skids in the light rain!

some pics.
DSC00702.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

Will snap more concise ones at a later date once everything is together as it should be and once the sun shows itself again.

Totally overjoyed with it.. can ya tell?

awesome, it is a really nice build, glad you're pleased with it! I'm not usually a fan of chrome/polished metal/silver parts on bikes, but i think it really suits this build!

Thank you guys! ;)

It's such a fun bike to throw about, it almost asks for it! Don't think I can put in words just how good it is to ride.

Took it out for it's first proper ride sunday along the coast and it was grins all the way. Started gingerly at first with it being the first bike i've put together to make sure everything stayed where it was,.. on the bike, but didn't take long though for me to gain full confidence in it.
Got a few cool passing comments from other riders too which surprised me.. kinda making the whole build all the more worthwhile which was nice.
Only thing is my other half wants one now!

I've certainly fulfilled the brief and more.. :)

all done.. :)

DSCN3979.jpg

DSCN3963.jpg

DSCN3964.jpg

DSCN3971.jpg

DSCN3969.jpg

DSCN3967.jpg

DSCN3970.jpg

DSCN3973.jpg

DSCN3958.jpg

DSCN3965.jpg

DSCN3957.jpg

DSCN3985x1.jpg

-Spec-

Frame: DMR Trailstar w/ Trailblade fork

Headset: Hope
Stem: Azonic Shorty Deluxe
Handlebar: Azonic Pyramid Double Wall
Grips: Azonic Super Waffle

Brakes: Hope Mono M4

Cranks: Raceface Turbine
Crank Bolts: Raceface
Chainring: Onza Buzzsaw
Chainring Bolts: Single Stainless
Cog: Surly
Chain: Onza Kool
Bottom Bracket: Raceface with DMR Wondercups
Chain Device: DMR Elite Speed Guide
Pedals: DMR V12

Rims: Azonic Pyramid Triple Wall
Hubs: Hope Pro II w/ SS rear
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
Tyres: Maxxis Holy Roller
Tubes: came with tyres

Saddle: SDG
Seatpost: Raceface XY
Seatpost Binder: Hope

Weight: 29.2lb / 13.24kg

Very clean and tidy. Still think the frame colour was a good one, all the silver components go really well with it. Job well done that :)

Back