Titanium Manitou 1 Forks

You do indeed own me a spoke!!!! Spacehopper ;)

I miss my Zaskar so much it was like a pair of old slippers (just right). I do still have the A-Level CDT Turner frame just a wall hanger now :cry: , I was going to start a new topic at some point to see if i was the only one crazy enough to build my own full sus? I miss the woods in Huddersfield good times :) dig out that picture.

boxxer,

I don't live in sunny St.Helens anymore but do get back from time to time. Unfortunately i didn't take any pics dismantling the forks but lots of pics putting them together if that helps? i would have to agree with pete_mcc it sounds like a rounded bolt maybe :cry: out of interest what weight are your forks? I'm intrigued to know how much weight the titanium bits saves?

They're not rounded - I've had the torch on then to check, just I've had them since 92 or 93 and they have never been apart since, I don't have a long 5 key - I've been using extension bars with a 5mm bit in the end - it's far from ideal....

As for weight, haven't a clue - I'll try and get them on the scales at some point

I do need to get a new crown and steerer as well, they have both developed a crack habit - propogating from the bolt holes! under the bottom of the crown

archmike":151gv3tl said:
....maybe sell them on or buy a suitable frame to marry them to any suggestions as to what frame would be best would be much appreciated.!!!!

I wouldn't sell 'm. Not only because of the Ti parts -for sure that's really special- but also because of the story behind it.

Maybe a nice '90 (same as the M1 ?) Merlin will help to give 'm the attention they deserve.

...I know, selling 'm will bring some money and finding a Merlin will set you back some, but hey, a piece of history with a story is worth something, I would say.. :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back