Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Great thread! All 42 pages of it :shock:

My first decent bike was an early Saracen Tufftrax in Orange. There is one within the first couple of pages of this thread but I though mine had newspaper articles in the graphics?? It was a long time ago though so I could be mistaken.

Is there such a thing as a Tufftrax Extreme?? That rings a bell too?? Lovely bike but got stolen, as did the replacement Clockwork Orange. :(

Maybe one day I will have another of each

Seeing this thread back at the top reminded me that I never posted any shots of my 1992 Kili Racer when I'd finished it over Christmas.
So here's a load of pictures for anyone who hasn't already seen them in my build thread.

92KiliRacer05.jpg

92KiliRacer06.jpg

92KiliRacer07m.jpg
92KiliRacer08m.jpg

92KiliRacer09m.jpg
92KiliRacer10m.jpg

92KiliRacer11m.jpg
92KiliRacer12m.jpg

92KiliRacer13m.jpg
92KiliRacer14m.jpg

92KiliRacer15m.jpg
92KiliRacer16m.jpg

92KiliRacer17m.jpg
92KiliRacer18m.jpg

92KiliRacer19m.jpg
92KiliRacer20m.jpg

For more click here

very very nice paul!

i will get some updated pics of this on the weekend..

Attachments

• img00025_20100226_1255_515_289.jpg
    img00025_20100226_1255_515_289.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,826
Nice Hardtrax locked up by neighbour outside mate's flat in Glasgow - it really is a very clean bike, just my size too :roll:

DSCN0110.jpg

I finished the race elite and decided to put together the bike that I took the zmax tyres from to complete the elite. The original owner told me that it was a kili flyer.. I had my suspicions as soon as I saw it and asked neilll who kindly looked at the brochures to tell me it was infact a terra trax 95/6. The stx goupset is mint so I decided to keep it and just change the gripshifts for stx shifters.. Anyhow here are a couple of the race elite for those who haven't yet seen and some of the terra trax. It is actually a little more purple than the pics show

finalraceelite1004-1.jpg

finalraceelite1119-1.jpg

terratrax027.jpg

terratrax044.jpg

terratrax008.jpg

terratrax033.jpg

Yeah, I thought that it looked slightly bigger than my Sahara (15.5" from centre of BB to centre of TT).

Even though its name doesn't begin with "Kili", it's still a fine looking bike! ;) :)

Bankrupt Stock Protrax... Fork colour advice please?

Hi Guys,

I have been riding my bankrupt stock ebay Protrax for a few weeks now, love it!

Started life with the Pace RC31 but decided to go with the RS Judy XC as these were NOS and fancied some suspension. Forks are modded with speed springs, Risse GEM cartridge and new XXX seals [so I don't need to run boots]

I think the red decals on the forks are a bit of a clash... Should I get Gil to make me some purple decals for them or do you think I should get the lowers painted to match the frame and go with the older style RS decals?

Thoughts please.

Oh, and a couple of other updates... now fitted the Thomson SP with anno purple top clamps and got some NOS SRP bar ends too.

I have some NOS X517 Ceramic rims to go on the Hope pro III hubs ASAP too.

Weight of the bike as you see it in pic is 24lbs 2oz on Park Tools scales

Cheers,

Chaser.

Attachments

• Saracen Protrax SE.jpg
    Saracen Protrax SE.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,562

Latest posts

Back