Crank bros peddles problem

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Have i broken one of my peddles? Every time i put my foot on the peddle to clip in the two metal bars squash down to low for me to clip in and i have to push them back in the up position so i can clip in. But now i can't clip in at all. they clip back in the up position but can't use. It looks like the other pedal :cry: Is their any thing i can do? repair?

Sorry. its my 'smarty' pedals. only the left has gone wrong.

looks to me the spring. I had this problem about aweek ago then today on the way home again. But this time couldn't clip in at all

I don't think you can buy a replacement spring but if you email Crank Bros they might have a spare. From the pic on the internet the smarty spring looks identical to the springs in my eggbeaters so I guess you could you any spring.

:cry: ever since i got this bike made up its had problems. The black Trimble parts are no problem. But then they all cost £££ more.
Thanks for your advice

:D :D Crankbros are sending me a new spring under warranty. Should get in a week. :cool:

tintin40":f6qduxnv said:
Is their any thing i can do? repair?

When the replacement springs die and they will, unscrew them and throw them in the bin. From what I've seen to date Crank Bros pedals just don't last long.

Latest posts

Back