21/3/10 Brigg/Barnetby bimble now aftermath

Hi
Thanks for a great few hours out chaps - be sure to bring the sex out to play again.
Pickle - "stem and riser bar aside" :LOL: - its how I like to ride chap - not really into keeping the bike absolutely original for the sake of it although most bits (not the tyres) are from the 90s.
Rojo - the bike weighs around the 29lb mark currently - but obviously could be made less.

The clunking from rear wheel isnt the bearings - these seem fine - silky smooth still - but it is coming from play in the rear cassette :? Whats the fix for that then? (not that great with mechanicals).

Yes mate - bought new in 1996 and was spec'd with the Pace Forks.
Was actually intended and used on The National Downhill Series :LOL: those were the days.
The HS11s & Grip shift Xrays were original spec but quickly as parts were not up to the job the Curve crankset was replaced with XT - headset with an FSA cartridge type - rear shock upgraded fronm 4R to 5R and obviously the riding position was tweaked with a shorter stem and Easton Monkey bar with a wheel replacement also in the 90s as those HS11s chew through the rims eventually. Bit of Bling added with the Salsa flip-flops (I think they called them).
The only "modern" and not of the era are the tyres now as a 90s Flite has been put back on.

Antiquekona":9411ogty said:
Yes mate - bought new in 1996 and was spec'd with the Pace Forks.
Was actually intended and used on The National Downhill Series :LOL: those were the days.
The HS11s & Grip shift Xrays were original spec but quickly as parts were not up to the job the Curve crankset was replaced with XT - headset with an FSA cartridge type - rear shock upgraded fronm 4R to 5R and obviously the riding position was tweaked with a shorter stem and Easton Monkey bar with a wheel replacement also in the 90s as those HS11s chew through the rims eventually. Bit of Bling added with the Salsa flip-flops (I think they called them).
The only "modern" and not of the era are the tyres now as a 90s Flite has been put back on.

It is very very nice build, like how you have added bits to it. I you take any pic's of how it is now could you email me some please :)

Is that still original paint, looks mint!!

OMG, I wish I'd have known there was a camera out when.. er.. my camelbak ..er.. sprung a leak... :LOL:

Kona Sex

High res pic here for you rojo
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_eehaXRpEJXU/S6ZIx ... 020241.JPG

But reduced to fit on screen pic here
P1020241.JPG

Back