Chris King threaded to ahead 1" converter

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I do believe you can get these, if so can anyone tell me where from or if they have one. I have a threaded headset but need an ahead, so to save me a few quid at this time a converter would be great!

Thanks

Alison

Isaac_AG":r9of3z35 said:
I do believe you can get these, if so can anyone tell me where from or if they have one. I have a threaded headset but need an ahead, so to save me a few quid at this time a converter would be great!

Thanks

Alison

Call evolution (think they're still the uk importers). They can supplu new 'top parts' which will allow you to convert a aheadset to threaded and vice versa. It isn't that cheap to do - you might be better flogging your old headset and buying new.

selling isn't an option....Shhhh!!! it's my husbands headset from his P7 I'm thinking of pinching :LOL: so it's either convert or just get a new one

Alison

aspirevelotech on ebay.com would be cheaper. no need to get a new headset
do you need 1 1/8 threaded? If so I've got a spare 1 1/8 threaded king gripnut (not 2nut), pristine in blk. PM me if interested

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
from the title it sounds like you have a CK inch threaded and want to convert to CK inch threadless?

i did this a number of years ago, basically the CK kit just comes with a new top cap/bolt/starnut and a new bearing cap for the headset to replace the integrated threaded bearing cap/nut.

all you really need is the bearing cap and top cap - these are US$18 and US$10 respectively from www.speedgoat.com - your local shop should be able to sort you out a bolt and starnut.

i'd also second the recommendation for aspire velotech they've never let me down.

bear in mind that unless you have a source for an inch threadless stem, you may end up needing to go to a 1 1/8 threadless stem on your new threadless steup - in which case don't forget to buy a top cap in the 1 1/8 size flag the inch topcap it won't work for you.

95bonty":2h588qt5 said:
from the title it sounds like you have a CK inch threaded and want to convert to CK inch threadless?

Yes, that's right

95bonty":2h588qt5 said:
all you really need is the bearing cap and top cap - these are US$18 and US$10 respectively from www.speedgoat.com - your local shop should be able to sort you out a bolt and starnut.

i'd also second the recommendation for aspire velotech they've never let me down.

I think it looks like just buying a new headset from aspire velotech is the best option

Thanks all

Alison

this is a ti 1, alu would be about half this price (which is a whole lot cheaper than a new headset!)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chris-King-1-inch ... dZViewItem
mail them direct & ask for the conversion kit. I've bought all manner of king stuff off them even if its not directly for sale in their ebay shop.
over 8000feedback with 1 negative in pretty impressive :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Are you looking to swap your threaded top cap bits for the ahead version cos if you are I have a 1" ahead topcap assembly in silver and need the same in threaded

Back