1997 GT Zaskar **Update 21/3 incl new forks**

Cheer Tom.

The 'do something different' gamble has paid off ;)

Hope to have it finished in the next couple of weeks. May even lacquer over the frame to get a gloss finish as apposed to the current matt.

Been a while since I've done anything, but finally Mark (legrandefromage) and I managed to pin down a Sunday together to do a little more.

Mark pulled out some mint condition Indy S forks from his boot which really took my fancy and slipped straight on. Handy, because he fancied the rigid forks back.

Quick bottom bracket swap as the current unit was a little too small. Bontrager bar stem combination on and LX V's and levers.

Nearly done now.

Attachments

• IMG00219.jpg
    IMG00219.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG00218.jpg
    IMG00218.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG00217.jpg
    IMG00217.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG00216.jpg
    IMG00216.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 561
What a beautiful colour Zaskar frame.

Forks really suit, too :cool:

I really must get pics of the progress of my Zaskar up :oops: :)

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Really pleased with the forks, seem to suit the bike a lot better that the rigids and its nice to now have a rigid, hardtail and full-suspension bike in the shed.

Personnaly i would have gone with the bright electric blue with white decals, not a fan of matt purple, but as we say each to our own i suppose, aslong as you like it and enjoy riding it thats all that matters

Gee :D

graham1975":ik3qh023 said:
Personnaly i would have gone with the bright electric blue with white decals, not a fan of matt purple, but as we say each to our own i suppose, aslong as you like it and enjoy riding it thats all that matters

Gee :D

Yes, I agree the electric blue is a great colour scheme, but purple is different ;)

I may lacquer at a later date, which should make it a little less matt and also toughen the paint.

Back