What a day

mavesyn

Retro Guru
Had a wonderful sunny day in staffordshire.
A couple of hour's out on my olmo this morning,
then a couple of hour's polishing bike bits, this afternoon,
on the patio.
The wonder of sunshine....

Same for me

1st some fine tuning on the Batavus crosser in the garden, after that a ride in the dunes. Weather was really good. Promissing :cool: - I hope.

Pretty glorious here in Malvern too.. we went out to Wales and I was soon out of the winter tights and windproof top I'll tell you.

75 miles on my 3speed touring bike, blooming knackered but very happy :D

Pretty much the same for me.

Clocked up 50 miles on the Tommasini out and around North Wales.
Then in the afternoon had a few He5nekens on the decking applying a few layers of Zymol Carbon to make it sparkle in the spring sunshine.

Wow I wish I could say the same, my sunday was pretty bike-centred as well as I bought one, but my day involved no riding as the saddle was too high and the seat post turned out to be stuck. Spent the entire afternoon destroying the thing and pulling tiny bits of carbon out of the seat tube. Still not done, and I'm still itching all over my hands and forearms from the tiny invisible fibres.

65 miles on the Giant

1 hour on the patio getting rid of all the winter grime

20 minutes on the internet getting a replacement chain (mine is strangely twisted)

1 hour getting over the shock of photos of 10 speed chains that have prematurely failed. There are a lot out there. If you run one, check them regularly for side-plate cracks.

I've heard this about the chains from a Rapha Condor mechanic seams pretty common problem.

Didnt make it out as spring cleaning so I can enjoy a few rides in the next week or so.

Back