alpinestars ti-mega EOS

brocklanders023":h9rmlc4q said:
Do with have a test ride report yet? :cool:

Hugely tempted to take it for a spin, but i'm going to wait for the wheels to arrive and then ride it once its properly set up. Will probably give it a proper shake down at the North Wales meet in early April and then use it throughout the year. Will definitely be my Mayhem bike this year.

you have done it once again, fantastic build, cant wait to find out how you enjoy riding it. well done mate.

stubbsy

sinnett177":3gn84dwv said:
flyingwelshman":3gn84dwv said:
Tremendous. Really pleased for you as I know you have been after one of these for a while. Now don't go putting any modern bling on it!!
Cheers Tim, hope i've been accurate in your little biography! It would be nice to get some results together from bitd, as I can't find any records anywhere.

Am I correct in thinking that the 1991 and 92 production frames are identical too?

As for my ti-mega, I've got some stunning wheels on the way (those shown are stolen from the Dyna-Tech) and have some NOS amberwall smoke and dart tyres for it. The saddle is a later model flite, but i'm happy enough with it. Only things u'm missing are a seatpost for it, i'm thinking a black M730 XT post would be ideal (27.2mm if anyone has one) and some skewers.

Ti mega frames all the same. Made by Litespeed. I only rode a Ti Mega at the back end of 91 and the whole of 92. Best results from memory were 1991 1st BMB Final at Dalby and 7th at Worlds. 1992 7th Grundig WC Scotland, 6th Grundig WC Mt St Anne, 6th Grundid World Cup Mt Snow, 10th Grundig WC Germany,3rd National Champs

flyingwelshman":27daf1mk said:
Best results from memory were 1991 1st BMB Final at Dalby and 7th at Worlds. 1992 7th Grundig WC Scotland, 6th Grundig WC Mt St Anne, 6th Grundid World Cup Mt Snow, 10th Grundig WC Germany,3rd National Champs
Cheers Tim, Its a shame the results of all those great races from yesteryear aren't published somewhere. Hopefully taking this ti-mega to Dalby for the UCI championships there next month, sure plenty of people will be recalling your win there back in 1991 :D

Back