Look what I just found .... how retro

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
My old Nokia Brick from back in the day, around 1997 I would guess so it qualifies as Retro.. may have to get it working and use it at the next Retro event !! I have all the original gear, hands free/charger etc ...

main.php

James, this should be interesting :?: A bit like opening a can of worms...
lets see if anyone has one of those that needed a separate case for the battery, my old boss had one :LOL:
My first phone was in 1993 a sony mars bar. They were quite small tho.

reception should be good will the length of that arial. It sure is a long one ;)

My boss has a drawer full of old mobies, really want one of the old startac's he's got in there but he says he's keeping them ................ just incase :?

incase of what :?:

Hilts phone, and the Startac would both work on the digital network. The phone above looks like a Nokia 2110, the most popular analogue phone at the time was the Nokia 232 which looked a little different.

that phone above was my first phone too in 1997... I got it for £50 with a monthly tariff of £11 which included 15 mins airtime (to landlines only)...

heathy":1d29gdw3 said:
My first phone was in 1993 a sony mars bar. They were quite small tho.

mine too - pretty cr*p really. Would not want to use it nowadays!

James, how wierd, Just found Sarah's one of those in the garage last night! And all the gubbins too.

I had the Erikkson that was designed by B&O (apparently) back in 93. Everyone looked at you so weirdly. Especially in Cornwall where we lived. at the time.

Best bit is that we bought phones for about £600 + tariff in Falmouth Dixons, and then found out they didn't work in Cornwall. No reception until you got to Bodmin/ Plymouth!

Genius.

Back