How to ship from US to UK

Yes but it isn't totally correct - mark it 'gift' if you like but the customs people still have the right to open your parcel and check. Many US sellers will put a false value on the customs label (a criminal offence BTW) but if customs open it and see an invoice of true cost you will pay charges. Even if there is no invoice customs may request proof of value if their suspicions are raised. They are not totally stupid. It's all a risk and a bit of a gamble...

jonrock":3400sgqr said:
Did nobody read my post?
J

yeh I did, doesnt matter whats written on it re "gift" or whatever. if its over the normal import threshold then you'll pay duty. I have friends in the US, relatives in Oz, believe me I've spent years doing this import thing ;)

wow, lots of advice cheers everyone - seem to get anywhere from $10 upwards on UPS depending on how quick i want it!

Jon I could be back in contact with you if that's an offer and they don't want to ship if you're happy to help?

Mmm
Calll me lucky then Ive been sent about 35 items including whole bikes and aint paid nothing in tax...
I did refer to the thresholds in my post as a gift/non gift
If its a gift the thresholds higher.
Why do I get the feeling Im gonna get a big bill through the door now? :cry:

I support the British government taxing all you gents importing 2nd hand and NOS bike parts and support a rate increase so that others in the world (ie me) can enjoy more bling anno parts and nice frames safe in the knowledge our import taxes are far more sensibly applied (zero under $1000AUD) :LOL:

For Holland the tax-thing is the same. Only the value is > € 50,-
And indeed the warranty replacement text doesn't work. Well it didn't work for me. It's rather difficult to tell what customs check and when. Sometimes I paid and sometimes with expensice parts like a Rock Shox Athena or a XTR discbrake set, it just went fine.

Back