Early Dawes 'The Edge Team'. Anyone got any pics or info ???

Found this review from BUMUK 1990 (Vol 3 No9). The following year I think they went green-ish or blue-ish.
Same review as my old Carrera.
Hope that helps a bit.

Attachments

• MBUK v3 no 9 Dawes Edge.jpg
    MBUK v3 no 9 Dawes Edge.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 6,607
  • MBUK v3 no 9i.jpg
    MBUK v3 no 9i.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 6,607
1994 Range. Identical frames bar colour. The three models reflect what kit they came with.

➡️ Dawes Edge Team
SNC12569.JPG

SNC12570.JPG

SNC12571.JPG

➡️ Dawes The Edge Extra
SNC12572.JPG

➡️ Dawes The Edge
SNC12573.JPG

;)

That's fantastic :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks loads for those.

Easy Rider, I know that you don't have access to a scanner at the moment but I would really appreciate it if you could do a hi-res scan of the edge team photo when you can mate. Then I can get the decals copied as close as I can and do some artwork to get the new decals made.

Many thanks again.
Dave.

Prometheus":1cdyhizf said:
That's fantastic :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks loads for those.

Easy Rider, I know that you don't have access to a scanner at the moment but I would really appreciate it if you could do a hi-res scan of the edge team photo when you can mate. Then I can get the decals copied as close as I can and do some artwork to get the new decals made.

Many thanks again.
Dave.

Now your asking for it! The scanner, when it's working, is a 19,200dpi resolution :shock: I tried scanning a postage stamp years ago at full res for a laugh, computer couldn't handle it, maybe my new one can..... right gone way off topic now.

Anyway, i'll give it a go, but the Edge Team is only a small photo (3" x 2") compared to the other Edge bikes, not sure how well it will come out.

Hello.

I think your frame can be also a 1992 Dawes "THE EDGE EXTRA".

Check my album for more pics - inkl. 1992 Dawes katalog. ;)

Greeting,
Daniel.

Attachments

• 100_4220 (Medium).jpg
    100_4220 (Medium).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 4,342
I so nearly had a Dawes 'The Edge XTRa' myself. It was the 531 Designer Select framed one, with full XTR and MAG21's. I was all set to pick it up when the shop discovered someone had put a deposit down 4 months earlier. They couldn't contact them by phone they sent somone to their house with the money to refund them. The guy said that he would be along later that day to collect it and pay the balance so I ended up with my CB instead.
The guy who brought it (well spoilt brat who's parents paid) had destroyed it in a year though neglect and abuse.
I had a chance to buy a normal Edge last year for about £40 through the freeads but stupidly opted not to, after seeing this I am kicking myself a bit.

Carl.

I've got a 1989 Dawes catologue.

I could probably scan you some pics of the edge in that if you like.

Think it had mad flouro colours though something like pink and yellow.

Chris.

Just checked the 89 catologue and there is no edge in it :roll:

the top bike of this year being the 531 framed quest.

Chris.

Dawes-Man":m79i6dve said:
Hello.

I think your frame can be also a 1992 Dawes "THE EDGE EXTRA".

Check my album for more pics - inkl. 1992 Dawes katalog. ;)

Greeting,
Daniel.

Hi Daniel.

sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't realise that the thread had been resurrected.

Thanks for the info. I think your right. That is the exact colour that's inside the BB shell :D . Everything looks the same as the bike that you have except the forks which were Mag 20's. Bar's stem everything else was the same.

So in all likelyhood it's a 531 select frame and not 653 as I had previously thought.

Ths frame is still hanging up in the shed, but to be honest it's too big for me so probably won't get done so will more than likely move it on.

Thanks again for the info, keep us posted on yours as you recommision it, it looks great :cool:

Cheers.
Dave.

Back