Mountain Cycles Moho

Pace

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, so I acquired a fairly nice condition Moho frame recently and am now debating how to build it up. Can't find many articles on the original frame (lots on the new re-released one) so can't work out what a "typical" build was when it was around originally.

Anyone got any thoughts? Be interested to gauge opinion....

AC cranx, to begin with, Judys up front '96 shimano Xt with sram grip shifters. This is what I remember from a bike test on MTB magazine, if I'm not wrong...

I've got the MBA test of it. had cooks RSR cranks, answer atac stem, mani forks with pro stop disc brake, kooka levers, bit of an eccentric mix :)

This is mine, however I sold it a year ago

Dscf0013.jpg

Answer Atac stem it is - anyone got one?

What year groupset would be right for it? Not correctly dated the frame yet though - anyone any ideas on how/if the frame numbers correspond to a year?

Going with Pro-stop up front and magura rear (as its got no rear disc mounts)

Pretty sure the Moho was only ever available as a frame only, so I imagine whatever builds were/are out there are custom.

Here's a shot of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,303
Oh yeah, and a tip on keeping the rear brake and derailleur cable in check as they tend not to stay neatly run along the top tube: while assembling the bike run a piece of heat-shrink tubing over both cables - this is way sano and avoids the rub you'd inevitably get by using zip ties. ;)

Back