My 1993 Beast of the East...she's a cracker!

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have always liked Cannondales. From their early days to their modern stuff so after the Puceflange pointed this puppy out on ebay and I noticed how local she was I had to make her mine. I headed straight for the big shiny BIN button and was a happy bunny.

Excitedly I drove an hour down the road to collect her...and here she is, sitting proudly alongside my Super Six, my girlfriend's F1, my 1994 M500 and the memories of my recently departed R1000 and Scalpel

She is 23lbs worth of loveliness without even trying :D

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

It's just a pity she's cracked, I guess I should have known better :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

Loverly bike fella, such a shame about that crack...DOH!!! can you not go back to him about it .. :idea:

Sithlord":1i71orgb said:
Loverly bike fella, such a shame about that crack...DOH!!! can you not go back to him about it .. :idea:
Oh, I bought it knowing about the crack. We negotiated a lower price and I went into it with my eyes wide open. He was a really good guy and was very apologetic. I saw it, I wanted it, cracks and all!!

I'm pretty local to you and I will be able to help with a pukka weld repair if you decide that's the right thing to do.

If I can help, give me a shout..... ;)

GT-Steve":2hd9rbwf said:
I'm pretty local to you and I will be able to help with a pukka weld repair if you decide that's the right thing to do.

Thanks for the offer :D

My lovely girlfriend isn't too keen on me riding a frame that could go bang at any moment though and since she is so patient with my stoopid hobby I guess I owe it to her really. So if anyone fancies a Beast of a Project then there's one right here!!

MikeC":3w3uzx9l said:
GT-Steve":3w3uzx9l said:

Thanks for the offer :D

My lovely girlfriend isn't too keen on me riding a frame that could go bang at any moment though and since she is so patient with my stoopid hobby I guess I owe it to her really. So if anyone fancies a Beast of a Project then there's one right here!!

Sounds like you know your plans with this one..... ;)

Just for info, the guys at my work are fully qualified coded welders, there's not a metal/material they can't weld. Between them about 160 collective years of welding, and their work is astounding (it has to be on some of the equipment we make (able to hold pressures of over 50Bar)

Over and above that, one of them loves tinkering with all the broken bike bits I keep giving him!! lol.

Steve

GT-Steve":3pqivtyy said:
Sounds like you know your plans with this one..... ;)
That was never my original plan, but I think it's the best option now...and y'know, one out one in ;)

Back