ORANGE P7 FIRST RIDE OUT PHOTOS

volvo1980

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I used to own a p7 years ago and fancied one again, thats where i came accross you fellas, bought the bike about a month ago with the intention of riding as is but got carried away and had loads of old bits lying around in the garage, heres how the build went

A bit rough but solid 94 orange p7 bought off ebay

Bmmyfg2kKGrHqQH-EYEtrqYvRBLfYi9CWwg.jpg

Stripping with nitromores

ebaypics132.jpg

Bare metal, surprisingly rust free

ebaypics129-1.jpg

Etch primer

p7.jpg

Black base coat

ebaypics131-1.jpg

Metallic blue pearl, decals and lacquer on

ebaypics134-1.jpg

Finished

p7001.jpg

p7002.jpg

p7003.jpg

p7004.jpg

i know its not entirely period but i wanted a cheap build using items i already had or could get hold off cheaply!

just needs a back wheel to match the front now

Lookin forward to the first ride out tomorrow javascript:emoticon(':D')

:D :D :D :D :D

very nice. I've been holding off doing a rattle can spray job at home because I thought it was too cold for the spraypaint - is your garage heated?

very nice. I've been holding off doing a rattle can spray job at home because I thought it was too cold for the spraypaint - is your garage heated?

I wish!, just used an electric heater, the important thing is using quality paint and 2 pack lacquer, i hope it is going to be durable enough!

Gave the bike its first ride out on saturday and chuffed to bits but i find myself hankering after a nickel one, anyone fancy swapping/dong a deal on frames?

Image004.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image025.jpg

Image024.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image027.jpg

Image024.jpg

Top job :cool: , cracking work with the strip and respray ;)

orange71":26n9gsp0 said:

When it's cold and damp outside i use a heatgun to gently heat the frame as i paint it, dries the paint quicker too ;)

Back