WTD: retro road ride for SWMBO

djoptix

Senior Retro Guru
I am looking for a retro bike for my wife as a surprise. My budget is not much, really a fixer upper or similar. Now - don't laugh - I'm looking for something that looks vaguely similar to this:

detail_0-70.jpeg

Does anyone have something like that? Obviously it doesn't have to have a basket or a Brooks on. I live in Manchester and would drive to pick up from somewhere around the North West...

Alas then LGF, I shall have to pass. My beloved is only 5'5" so I don't think she would be able to pedal it - and I happen to be gigging in Bury St Edmunds tonight and driving home past Huntingdon - so it would have been a once in a lifetime opportunity anyway! Shame as it looks ripe for giving a dose of retro flavour. Thanks anyway.

So the search continues - what other options can you wonderful Retrobikers throw my way? :)

my friend Constanze has this 1978 Raleigh Sports Roadster for sale, all original but aside from basic stuff the front brake needs repairing (she has all the parts) and new pads IIRC.. and the rear mudguard needs some adjustment (it's in South Manchester too!):

10632_190022521170_586536170_4391117_7627819_n.jpg

Back