198? Marin Pine Mountain

Steve's looks similar to mine his is I think 1996-7, I have a 1994. I don't think the frame design changed much over the years - thin to fat stays in 1992 (?). The main thing that did was the paint - to Matt Zolatone, then Grey, then a Ti type finish, finally solid metallic like Steve's. After that I kind of lost interest...white I think.

I guess mine must be a later one. Has 'Triple Butted Cromo Tange' decal on the front of the seat tube and 'Custom Quad Butted Tubing' on the seat stays.

Steve's looks similar to mine his is I think 1996-7, I have a 1994

It's funny, I thought MTBs started appearing with front suspension only a year or two after I bought mine, but looking around the web it must have been 6 years or more. Funny how your memmory skews things, what am I going to be like when I get really old? :shock:

You are right, front sus did come in from around 1990-91, but it was crushingly expensive, and only really got to all useful price points around 1998 or so.

The faded grey/flouro orange are 1989 models.

I had one, supplied by 'Two Wheels Good' in Leeds.

£569, is the figure that springs to mind as the price.

I believe I bought it even before John Stevenson & Brant Richards seem to 'take over' the shop

Back