Coolwall - Kooka

Coolwall - Kooka

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
mrkawasaki":25tzitkw said:
Not cool IMHO - their stuff always looks like its copying/trying-too-hard to be something cool, but more poorly made, coloured etc.

Mr K

Agreed.
Not to my taste - Even if I could afford it.

andrewl":2xmi4gtx said:
FluffyChicken":2xmi4gtx said:
Not for me, I prefer the other end of the scale. Built to ride, not to break Syncros, they can do light and tough and subtle.

I've seen a lot more broken Syncros stuff than Kooka...

That's just simple probablity, the reason you seen hardly any Kooka stuff broken is because it's either a) hanging off some garage queen Fat Change or b) because hardly anyone uses it because it was overpriced and looks crap. Simple lol

DM":25ayzgql said:
mrkawasaki":25ayzgql said:
Not cool IMHO - their stuff always looks like its copying/trying-too-hard to be something cool, but more poorly made, coloured etc.

Mr K

Agreed.
Not to my taste - Even if I could afford it.

+ 1

The kids who had Kooka gear when I was a lad were generally the ones who had "all the gear and no idea" - One such individual got the end of a snapped Kooka crank in his calf in exchange for his (Dad's) hard earned cash. Not cool.

*ducks head below the table*

Funny, the vote is leaning heavily towards COOL, but most of the comments here lean towards UNCOOL - are the COOL voters embarrassed?

I'll admit to liking the look of the rasta and nightstorm ano'd cranks, but the bizarre combination of being stupidly expensive yet totally weak and unreliable in actual off-road usage gets their stuff an UNCOOL from me.

Wasn't the company basically killed by the number of warranty claims they had?

BarneyRubble":2x19imog said:
One such individual got the end of a snapped Kooka crank in his calf in exchange for his (Dad's) hard earned cash.

I have that scar too.

mechagouki":2x19imog said:
Wasn't the company basically killed by the number of warranty claims they had?

Yes

andrewl":2x19imog said:
I've seen a lot more broken Syncros stuff than Kooka...

I'll go out on a limb and say that is because Suncros stuff got used hard and put away wet, while Kooka crap just sat on the garage queens.

Yuk. It was a bit of a 'me too' brand. The Levers are like Graftons and the cranks are like Race Face.

There were a few companies with a CNC machine who tried to cash in and I think this is an example.

Uncool. The kind of thing people put on their Lava Dome when they should have bought a Kilauea in the first place.

Also finding it odd that Kooka is still got a higher percantage of cool votes after reading some of the comments lol

Latest posts

Back