Klein Attitude Race

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Been meaning to do this for ages but seeing as I entered her into BOTM July i guessed I'd better get on with it!

This is my Klein Attitude Race that i was riding at the Spring meet on 'downs - its changed a bit since then and is now a really sweet ride. Spec:

Frame: Klein Attitude Race (Blue Linear Fade) Size XL
Forks: Pace RC35 MXCD's with Blue End Caps
Headset: FSA 1 1/8 aheadset
Stem: Ringle 130mm, 10 degree rise
Bars: X-Lite (blue)
Bar Ends: X-Lite stubbies (silver)
Grips: Titec Gel (!!)
Brake Levers: XTR M950 V's
Shifters: XT RF+ 8 speed
Brakes: XTR M950 V's
Fr.Mech: XT
Rr.Mech XTR M950
Cranks: XT with 44/34/22 rings (looking for a set of M952s to replace these)
Cassette/Chain: XTR 11-30/Dura-ace
Hubs: XT 8 speed Rear & Hope Suspension Front (blue anodised of course)
Rims: Mavic 217's with DB spokes and blue alloy nipples
Tyres: Panaracer Magics in White (thanks JS1500!)
Seatpost: Syncros 31.6 * 350mm
Saddle: Flite Titanium (owned it for years - battered but comfy!)
WEIGHT: 22lbs, 10 oz (according to digital bathroom scales)

All said I'm pretty happy with it and this is the spec I ride it in usually. I have a set of heavier wheels (XT on Mavic D521s) that i use at Chicksands and a Disco for party's!!

Look forward to seeing your comments guys (and maybe a few votes in BOTM?) :)

*I was sold it as a '98 frame but think it's a '97 having checked the catalogues. May be wrong though :oops:

Attachments

• Attitude June 07 (2) (Large).JPG
    Attitude June 07 (2) (Large).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 3,942
  • Attitude June 07 (1) (Large).JPG
    Attitude June 07 (1) (Large).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 3,942
  • Attitude June 07 (Large).JPG
    Attitude June 07 (Large).JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 3,942
Sorry mate, but if your Klein hasn't been repainted, it can't be a 1997 model. The stickers all all wrong for it be be a '97 model (much newer fonts, something like 2000 or so) and also the headtube shape is much newer design.

What does the serial # say ?

A very nice Klein though!

Kev, very nice. Thought that when i saw it in the flesh. Same paint job as my 2000 Attitude Race (that i rode once!) Big Sky Blue it's called. Lovely.

:)

Thanks for your comments guys.

Archangel - will check serial number tonight. Have a '97 catalogue that i cross referenced it from!

Stevet1 - have been known to run it down the 4X course on the heavier wheels very occasionally but i usually ride something more appropriate for that. I find the Klein annoys the local kids when I whip 'em on their DMR's/Identiti's etc :LOL:

Gus - cheers!

i'd say that's a 2000 model in Big Sky Blue. it has the barrel shaped head tube which was introduced in 1999 but the 99 models (and only those) had external cables. in 2002 they had normal dropouts for better disc compatibility.

the 98 Attitude Race looks similar but has the straight head tube and no disc mounts. and a different lettering style.

Carsten

Frame now confirmed as built July '99 so not as retro as I thought - still a bl**dy great ride though!

MadCowKev":118c2eoi said:
Frame now confirmed as built July '99 so not as retro as I thought - still a bl**dy great ride though!
The ride quality was never in doubt ;)

Back