How to ship from US to UK

kona kid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
any advice? found some pedals i wawnt over there and the seller is happy to post but doesn't know how or how much it'll cost! so someone give me a pointer for a good (cheap & reliable!) way?

ta for help in advance

USPS will do it .( post office )
not sure on price , but not too expensive .

USPS is very cheap normally.i would expect around $15 for pedals.just make sure he doesnt use UPS or it will be $150 lol..

Couple of things...

$15 sounds about right...

If its not marked as a gift you may be charged excessive taxes by the UK if the value is marked up over £18 GBP = $36

The same applies if it marked as a gift and its value is marked up over £36 GBP = $72

Totally wrong in my opinion to pay tax on second hand bike parts!

You need a US based friend like me! :LOL:
J

USPS is usually the cheapest, but the down sides are that tracking is limited and insurance is...difficult to cash in on if the item gets lost.

I always mark 'gift', but when I've shipped via UPS in the past, even if marked 'gift', guys still got dinged with customs.

rumpfy":prg5llyk said:
I always mark 'gift', but when I've shipped via UPS in the past, even if marked 'gift', guys still got dinged with customs.
maybe the customs guys are getting suspicious of the amount of gifts flowing back and forth across the atlantic...

warranty replacement, gift sample, whatever, customs have wised up to this. if they want to sting you the duty they will, if they havent then you're lucky ;)

Back