BoTM July - Riders Special **GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN NOW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my action shot (borrowed from MrK's folder on here) but need to get home and take a still!

The 1936 Tam Bomber gets ridden plenty, closest I have to an action shot ... PRE action shot.
eb07.jpg

rumpfy can vouch for me, here's how it looked when I rode it on Saturday :cool:

36_tf01.jpg

BOTM Potentials

Well...if it's slow, I can serve up some options if you want.

92 Fillet Brazed GT Psyclone. Raced at the Keyesville Classic and the CCCX in Monterey, Ca.

IMG_3884.jpg

128_2804-st_er.jpg

Or...

The 92 Slingshot Single Speed with drop bars, also raced in the CCCX.

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

In addition to my VRC that are raced (I have a few more in that category too), it they just need to be riders, that opens things up some more. :D

orange71":964v1mqq said:
that Slingshot just doesn't get any less weird looking every time I see it!

It's an odd duck for sure, but actually rides really really well in its current configuration.

People freak out when they see it....and thats not catching:

* The WTB drop bars on a 26" wheeled MTB.
* One gear 36:18
* The anodized turquoise accents throughout
* The only Shimano parts are the UN91 BB and 600 brake levers
* The fact the whole bike is period c. 1992 correct except the rear Paul hub and Soulcraft chain tensioner.

Cool contest for this month

Actually the only bike in my stable I do not ride is my '87 SM800:

425300080_938af1440a_b.jpg

It is 99,9% new and a 1987 mountainbike is pretty unique for Europe. I want to preserve it.

I live at more places. The Verlicchi is the bike that currently gets most ridden at one:

IkopVerlicchi1800.jpg

...BUT it already won once.

The Yo also gets ridden often:

87794214_9f9f607fa8_o.jpg

I have no recent pic of it though. It has a flat TrueTemper bar and amber Psychos now.

This is a works bike that sees many miles at the other place I live:

150373867_3e267b6914_b.jpg

Due to tough competition I prefer to come with heavier artillery though. Therefore I submit:

MiyataCentury5800.jpg

MY 1990 MIYATA CENTURY!

Carbon, full XTII, Trimble combo ....and a sweet layer of 14k gold! Issued celebrating 100 yrs of Miyata framebuilding.

Unfortunately I do not have a pic from me on it in action, but I still bear the scars from when I smashed to the ground with it :oops: Anyone wants a pic? ;)

tam_shadow":39yom3ox said:
The 1936 Tam Bomber gets ridden plenty, closest I have to an action shot ... PRE action shot.

Blatantly getting my vote.

It's about top of my lust after bikes. I want to build one up and then thrash it like it deserves

:)

Sweet Jesus - bit of heavy artillery has been thrown about since my post this afternoon! Still here goes - my regular thrice weekly rider, a 97 Klein Attitude Race. More details in readers bike thread but its XT/XTR M950 with Pace RC35 MXCD's etc. Wears a disco when she goes out to party!!!

Attachments

• Attitude June 07 (Large).JPG
    Attitude June 07 (Large).JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,947
  • MCK Spring Meet.jpg
    MCK Spring Meet.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,947
Ohh, some nice entries this month. Melvin spoils us with another finely turns out Miyata, Rumpfy comes in with a double whammy (love the GT), Kev throws his Klein into the ring. Let's not forget Chris' green RTS, Hilts' Explosif, the super super retro Tam Bomber and of course, the eclectic choice for one and all, the woodman elite.

Which hat to throw in for me this month? Thought I'd enter the Yo for the xth time - always used to be a reliable filler during slow BoTMs. But no, the Yos got a load of new kit waiting so maybe another month when I change the rules to suit ;)

Following MM there can be only one. The 1985 Overbury's Pathfinder. Handbuilt British all the way, the frame is lugged 531 with angles so relaxed you're almost horizontal. The gruppo is a mix of stags head deore, specialized touring cranks and suntour thumbies - as far as I know 100% original. The old girl came to be via a kind chap from Bristol (AgencyScum) for a nominal sum. A clean, new set of cables, some old tyres out the back of the shed and a wheel pulled straight in the vice and she was almost ready to go

main.php

The story doesn't end there. Having taken her down to MM for the stand retrobike's star rider Jeffy "don't sell out" B decided there could be only one choice for a showboating first lap heading up the rest of the elite pack. New school carbon and '07 XTR? No chance, it had to be the Overbury's.

A quick spanner up by the teams no.1 wrench and she was ready to go.

main.php

The rest is history....

main.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back