MRP Cycles catalogue?

richardf

Retro Guru
It's the bike shop that became Wheelbase i think. Their catalogue from about 93/94 was brilliant - packed with the most drool-worthy kit out there...anyone got a copy? I chucked mine away years ago :( It had a flouro green cover i think...

called in there last year , in the naieve hope it was still good

no such luck :LOL:

saw my first "in the flesh" pace in there (swansea)

Yeah, was a cracking shop - remember the cabinet with the TNT trickery and a lovely baby blue Spooky Darkside hanging on the wall. Bought a TNT jockey wheel - was all I could afford ;)

like the inside of a smarties factory , colour everywhere :cool:

got most of the parts for the pine mountain there

I'll try and get some done next week - my internet connection is very hit and miss at the mo' (hopefully all will be fixed soon). Anyone after anything in particular?

Ah, M&P's

ISTR M&P's started as a small, greasy motorcycle shop on Humphrey Street (bottom of Constitution Hill), but then (somehow) expanded massively - Moved over to the business park and set up the cycle warehouse next to the motorbike one.

I bought my old Saracen from there (back in the days of nice Tange tubing and thumbies). The dented frame still hangs in my Dad's garage, after being stripped of parts outside the pub by some local scumbags. :evil:

My mate had the next bike up in the range. I rode it on the Clyne Valley path last Christmas and it was absolutely superb. Lovely handling frame.

[old bloke mode]
You tell youngsters today that Saracen made some nice frames and they wouldn't believe you.
[/old bloke mode]

I had some nice purple brake straddle rods from M&P (by Odyssey?) that transformed my old cantis.

And some purple brake lever extensions (maybe by Paul Comp, maybe?).

Ooh, and some lovely steel Salsa bar ends, too.

Ah, it were a veritable Aladdin's Cave of nice kit in them days.

DM

Back