Kent Eriksen Ti Updated with new pics

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Was out for a wee tour up the West Highland Way today and thought i'd take the camera. Not been out on the bike as much as i would have liked the last few months after a back injury but things are starting to look up and i'm a wee bit more mobile as of late. The bikes had a few changes over the months.

My CrossMax wheels are getting a bit tired, the rear one anyway which might need a new rim in the future so i was on the lookout for some new wheels and came across these Pro 2 Hubs and Mavic EN321 rims in as new condition so jumped on them. Plus i was looking for a wider rim to suit wider tyres as well as it was winter then and pretty dam muddy where i had been cycling at that time.

I never build my bikes to be featherweight as i prefer to have durable reliable components than anything else, probably a throwback to my early 20's when i had spent all my hard earned and well saved cash on a GT Lightning dripping with XTR M950. I remember breaking a front mech and going through XTR bb's way more regular than i liked and not being able to afford to replace them.

I have however taken a big step for me and put a lightweight carbon riser bar on there and the Avid Carbon Elixirs :shock: Not used carbon before so we'll see how this goes but first impressions are good.

The end result today is a bike that could be built a lot lighter but i find it suits me just brilliantly, everything works and its a joy to ride. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Frame: Custom Kent Eriksen Ti Hardtail BB30 Specific

Fork: RockShox Revelation 426 Dual Air with PushLoc

Headset: Chris King
Stem:Race Face Atlas
Handlebar: Easton CNT low rise monkeylite
Grips: ODI LockOn

Brakes: Avid Elixir Carbon 8" and 7" rotors

Shifters: Shimano XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT
Derailleur Cables:Shimano XT
Cassette:Shimano XTR
Chain: KMC
Cranks:FSA Afterburner BB30
Pedals: CrankBrothers Eggbeaters 2Ti

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: Mavic EN321
Hubs: Hope Pro2
Spokes:DT Swiss
Tyres:Bontrager Jones ACX
Tubes:Maxxis Freeride Tubes

Saddle: WTB SLT Ti Rails
Seatpost:Kent Eriksen Sweetpost
Seatpost Binder: Salsa

Attachments

• DSC01829.JPG
    DSC01829.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 2,903
  • DSC01826.JPG
    DSC01826.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 2,903
  • DSC01827.JPG
    DSC01827.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 2,903
  • DSC01828.JPG
    DSC01828.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 2,901
Some pics of those welds ;)

Attachments

• DSC01830.JPG
    DSC01830.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,898
  • DSC01832.JPG
    DSC01832.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 2,898
  • DSC01833.JPG
    DSC01833.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,898
  • DSC01834.JPG
    DSC01834.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,898
Mr Eriksen has just won the best titanium frame builder at the NAHBS for the second year running for frames and welds like these :D

Attachments

• DSC01835.JPG
    DSC01835.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,896
  • DSC01836.JPG
    DSC01836.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,896
  • DSC01837.JPG
    DSC01837.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,896
Pickle":3hsf1x9l said:
Very nice, apart from the bra your forks are wearing ;)

cheers guys and that bra is the best bra around! I can handle getting soaking wet any day of the week but mud in my eyes is never fun ;)

Lovely build, welds are just amazing :D

I'm also a great believer in picking components which are durable/reliable over outright weight

Beautiful modern Ti build. :cool:

I was really worried by the 7th and 8th picture (headtube), as the welds look 'concave' but on closer ispection I'm confident it's just an optical illusion........ :)

Nice! :cool:

Latest posts

Back