Attachments

• pro-image-016.jpg
    pro-image-016.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 16,236
  • pro-image-015.jpg
    pro-image-015.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 16,236
wow, you've done a great job there,
i've got a pro 825 that looks much the way your frame looked prior to polishing.
Going to have a go at polishing mine, how hard was it to get to your standard?
and where did you get the decals from?

christy":27dl26dw said:
wow, you've done a great job there,
i've got a pro 825 that looks much the way your frame looked prior to polishing.
Going to have a go at polishing mine, how hard was it to get to your standard?
and where did you get the decals from?

The frame was originally polished and then laquered from new. Over the years the laquer scratches and deteriorates until the alu underneath starts to oxidise. I had to strip the laquer off with Nitromors and then get busy with the Autosol metal polish. The decals were done by Gil_m on this site. I have photos of the purple style Pro 825 decals if you need them. I'm not sure if the Pro 825 frame would polish as it has the Ti coating on the frame.

First proper off-road ride last night with Jango at Chicksands Woods. :D :D :D :D :D
Absolutley stunning, very fast on the singletrack & climbs faster than I can go. It's great to get back on a light bike for once. Twitchier than a modern bike on the descents but that was to be expected. Brought back many good memories, this bike is amazing you can lean it into curves on the tight singletrack and it rails round the corner. :D :D :D Takes a while to get used to vbrakes again after being spoiled with disk brakes for so long. The only bit that needs sorting are the bushings in the forks need replacing, overall it performed brilliantly. Love it :!:

I went to bed reading MBR last night and had a dream about this bike. I was dismantling the stem when I woke up.

Thought i'd share that with you :LOL:

Nice bike by the way.

Back