1994 Kona Cindercone

MCsanandreas

Mountain Cycle Fan
Feedback
View
bought on 8th of July 1994,one owner from new,

HPIM1354.jpg

HPIM1351.jpg

only original parts are f+f, stem and fr.mech! groupset is all blackLX apart from chainset thats now XT.
the bars and tires are not "period correct" but i like it as is and am not making any other changes.

mattbrown":kxxgo0cx said:
those forks look like they're off a 93 kona

could be they are! frame may have been "old stock" when i bought it. there were project two stickers on the fork legs once but got scuffed and nasty over time so into the bin they went. quite like the look of the stickerless forks.

MCsanandreas":24a7wbvg said:
mattbrown":24a7wbvg said:
those forks look like they're off a 93 kona
could be they are! frame may have been "old stock" when i bought it. there were project two stickers on the fork legs once but got scuffed and nasty over time so into the bin they went. quite like the look of the stickerless forks.
They are indeed 1993 forks, so they're 2cm shorter than the type the frame was designed for. Although that makes the steering sharper, it isn't so important on a size 16, as the head angle is half a degree less than the bigger sizes anyway - so adding one degree with the short fork just makes the end result half a degree sharper than Joe Murray intended. I expect he'll let you off.

It looks great IMO, very elegant, tasteful detailing.

Back