Coolwall - Kooka

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Don't like the stems.

Don't like the cranks.

Do rather like the levers, but the Anodising is always slightly different to the other fancy-pants brands, so matching is a PITA.

TBH, a lot of this stuff was poorly made, so not sure if the condemning on that basis is utterly sound...

Grafton levers have to be the cheapest looking flimsiest piece of badly made tat in the bike world, but they are legendary, command crazy prices, and everyone loves them (apart from me).

I want to say uncool, purely on the basis of the horrible stems, but I have a set of the levers and they are actually rather tasty.

Cool, but only marginally...

BB

Have never owned any, don't plan to ever buy any. But I have and will take a second look at it now and when kitted to bikes. And I do appreciate their history in retro MTB, as well as understand why ppl consider their stuff cool.

How to vote? I don't know. Maybe I'll sit out on this one.

Bit too in ya face for me, although seeing a peppering of Kooka bits on the right bike looks sweet.

So cool for me,oddly!!

al. :D

kaiser":mh3c42ru said:
tintin40":mh3c42ru said:
mrkawasaki":mh3c42ru said:
Not cool IMHO - their stuff always looks like its copying/trying-too-hard to be something cool, but more poorly made, coloured etc.

Mr K

Spot on correct

Thought you had never heard of them? :LOL:

I never heard of them BITD. The cool stuff back then was Grafton, some thought CooksBros etc etc

Kooka is running 73% Cool?!!?! What!? Are you kidding me?! DON'T do this to me, people! ARGH!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kooka is poorly engineered! Kooka is poorly made! Kooka is tacky! Kooka is garbage! Kooka is crap! Kooka is all the linty goo and mung and grime that collects in my navel after a weeked of drunken slut-banging and heroin pumping!! Kooka is all that is foul and evil and unholy in this world!!!!

Brake levers too wiggly to be functional, hydraulic levers too leaky to even move a Magura pad, cranks too flexy and brittle to be rideable, stems too death-tauntingly fragile to be functional, seatposts too sodomy-gambling to be functional! Just say no to KOOKA! Dear god, PLEASE!! :cry: Dental Floss has more structural integrity than Kooka crap!! :shock:

If Kooka made hats, then they'd look like this! Not Cool!!!!!!

Attachments

• PimpHatBigDaddy.jpg
    PimpHatBigDaddy.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 463
I've voted uncool..... sure it looks the dogs, but it just breaks, the cranks shear and snap, as with the levers, the bolts on the lever are a complete fart to work with if they break.

Aesthetics aside, very uncool! Plus they were a crap company to deal with bitd, and their UK importers took ages sorting things out.

Uncool!

utahdog2003":3dl45iwm said:
See I was with you right up to this, and now you've spoilt your argument.

That hat is most definitely mofo-ing cool.

Neil":125sowxp said:
utahdog2003":125sowxp said:
See I was with you right up to this, and now you've spoilt your argument.

That hat is most definitely mofo-ing cool.

Thank you...

....Huggy Bear.

:p

Back