The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi peeps,

..thinking of letting go of my 94 Orange Prestige, its been powder coated satin black circa 96 and is in good condition with Orange decals, only thinking of selling to fund the purchase of an early 90s kona steel frame.

..also have a 95? GTLTS its had a cracked chainstay thats been professionally welded with two tidy re-inforcing webs welded on. Its powder coated gloss black with no decals and has the Rock Shox Super Deluxe rear shock.

any ideas?

als0":1e0nc995 said:
hi all
i have a raleigh mtrax ti which i have recently serviced with new cables and a new chain and cassette, it has pace forks and full xt apart from the chainset which has been replaced by its previous owner for an acera :?
it has old tioga mud dawg rear tyre and an original but cracked onza porc front. top tube has a few marks from where a lock may have been wrapped round and the kona ti railed seat has seen better days.
thing is would i be better off selling this complete or breaking it and selling separately? i really dont want to sell but i need to raise some cash to start my own business :)
I think you would do far better to sell it in pieces. I'm afraid that the frame will raise less than you might understandably feel that it should, but there isn't much brand loyalty to M-Trax out there. The Pace and the XT items should sell fairly readily though.

thanks for the advise
i was thinking that myself after i'd cleaned and built it all up
might swap the frame and see what the mtrax frame makes, its a little large for me anyway

kafer-k":26s7gxn4 said:
hi peeps,

..thinking of letting go of my 94 Orange Prestige, its been powder coated satin black circa 96 and is in good condition with Orange decals, only thinking of selling to fund the purchase of an early 90s kona steel frame.

..also have a 95? GTLTS its had a cracked chainstay thats been professionally welded with two tidy re-inforcing webs welded on. Its powder coated gloss black with no decals and has the Rock Shox Super Deluxe rear shock.

any ideas?

Not too sure on the LTS mate but the Orange i'd say £150-200 depending on the mitnyness of the new powdercoat and the rest of the kit. Sounds nice though sure plenty of us would be keen.

Didn't clarify I'm thinking about selling them as frames only. Following a bit more investigation, remembering of dates and the frame number, the Orange Prestige is believed to be Jan 1990 with the powder coating being done around 93

The date on the LTS is yet to be firmed up but I'm guessing it'll be worth£40ish - optimistic/pessimistic/realistic???! :?

I may be selling my Marin to make way for a Killer V build......

Problem is what do I ask.

As you can see it's in superb condition, brakes (Hope C2) & forks just serviced.

Any ideas?????

IMG_5799.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

Trek and GT

Hi guys,
here are my two bikes i would like valuing if anyone is interested!

1: Gt Lts 4000

In full working order, specification as follows:

Rock shox USA Indy c long travel fork
Rock shox Deluxe shock
Tioga headset
Shimano gear shifters
Shimano STX rear derailleur
Shimano A front derailleur
Sr suntour xr 300 crank
Avid ad-1.0L brake levers
Avid 20 v brake calipers f&r
Bontrager corvair front rim
Presta inner tubes

*all other parts are unbranded*

Unsure of frame size but i have taken two measurements:
1. centre of BB to the centre of the top tube measures 15"
2. centre of BB to the top of the seat post is 19"

2: Trek 6500

In full working order, however the shifters seem to stick sometimes, a cable change should fix it.

Specification as follows:

Rock shox USA Judy forks
Shimano deore shifters
Shimano alivio front derailleur
Shimano deore lx rear derailleur
Bontrager corvair rear rim
Araya tm-820 front rim & gt front hub
Presta inner tubes

*all other parts are unbranded*

Attachments

• TREK.jpg
    TREK.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,343
  • GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,343
Trek's dont seem to hold value that well, from my ebay watchlist etc. Nice bike though that yours is. I'd guesstimate £100-140 ish complete. Get more if you split it but that's more hassle/a shame for a nice bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back