Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Found in Germany

Found this on a German site.. NICE.

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=443394

Raleigh Dynatech MT4 von 1993
Raleigh Dynatech MT 4 Eigenaufbau als Rigid
Rahmen: Raleigh Dynatech MT4 1993 (bonded Frame technologie Hauptrohre und Kettenstrebe Titanium, Muffen, Sitzstrebe und Gabel MnMo, RH 43 cm)
Vorbau: Syncros
Lenker: Syncros pro Series
Barends: Bontrager Titec Magnesium
Brakeboster: Brodie Magnesium
Sattelstütze: XTR 900; 26,4
Steuersatz: XTR 900; 1 1/8
Schaltwerk: XTR 900
Umwerfer: XTR 900; 28,6
Schalt-/Brems-griffe, Bremsen, Innenlager, Kurbel, Naben: XTR 900 Series
Kurbelschraube Syncros Crankomatic
Felgen: Ritchey Vant. Comp.
Schnellspannhebel: Ringle
Reifen: Ritchey Z-Max WCS 1,95
Pedale: Ritchey Pro
Computer: Avocet Altimeter 50
Gewicht: 9,56 kg

Attachments

• german ogre.jpg
    german ogre.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 4,774
bikemeister2000":38j923nw said:
Looks great !!! :D
Am I right in saying the MT3 is better than the MT4..mainly cause the MT4 has titanium chain stays and the mt3 does with cro-moly?
I'm think of looking for an MT3 or an Odyssey to do up. I had an Odyssey years ago and it was nicked - though I got it back a few weeks later. :LOL:

Ogre XT":20ltko1o said:
bikemeister2000":20ltko1o said:
Am I right in saying the MT3 is better than the MT4..mainly cause the MT4 has titanium chain stays and the mt3 does with cro-moly?
I'm think of looking for an MT3 or an Odyssey to do up. I had an Odyssey years ago and it was nicked - though I got it back a few weeks later. :LOL:

Technology wise, the MT4 was the superior bike to the MT3. Personally, I didn't get along with my MT4 and preferred the steel dynas. If it was me, I would go for the Odyssey. That said, my mate loved the slightly more compliant (his words for flexy) MT4.

They are both great.

drifting james":3a1zcwqm said:
Ogre XT":3a1zcwqm said:
bikemeister2000":3a1zcwqm said:

Technology wise, the MT4 was the superior bike to the MT3. Personally, I didn't get along with my MT4 and preferred the steel dynas. If it was me, I would go for the Odyssey. That said, my mate loved the slightly more compliant (his words for flexy) MT4.

They are both great.

I'd love to get an Odyssey - just because I had one years ago. but it would have to be the later one with the see through Dynatech transfers and NOT the black ones as seen on the earlier ones. Great bike and I'm sure I could find one lying abot somewhere needing some work..

They pop up on e-bay occassionally and don't go for silly money. One recently sold for twentysomething pounds. Another neat one for Eightysomething.

I've been building one up for ages (but am getting closer to completion...)

Calling DARMTB

Did you get the Solaris sorted.. If your stripping the bike down I'd be interested in the Pace forks. Your bike looks like a 42.5 (same as mine). Let me know if your getting rid and we can talk turkey.. :LOL:

just been to my mates house and found a brand new mt5 frame another new odd multi coloured dyna tech and a new diablo al frame,and to top it all my wife just said that she had one of those funny butted framed bikes!!!!i will try and post some pictures after the next visit as i was only after some of those straight blade dyna tech forks.

Extending the definition of Dynatech slightly - here's my M-Trax Ti1000 on the day I finished it. Frame bought NOS for £30 from a closing-down Raleigh dealer. Built up with contemporary (9-speed) XT with SID Race forks, Merlin built XT hub / XC-717 rim wheels, FSA and Control Tech finishing kit. This bike is lighter than any of the bikes owned by people I ride with - even modern bikes costing nearly £2,000.

Attachments

• MTrax 009 small.jpg
    MTrax 009 small.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 3,276
WOW Terry.. that looks amazing..

How does it handle on the slopes. If its on old bike dont forget to change the tubes. I got a puncture at the weekend and then realised I hadn't changed the tubes in over 15 years. I was amazed they lasted the 2 runs i'd recently put on them.. :cool:

Back