Another Alpinestars Cro Mega DX 1991!

Thanks Mark, thought it might be the wrong size. Shame as it would ave looked really cool.

Steve, thanks for the heads up. Think i'm nearly there with parts but I'll keep you in mind when if I need anything.

Another steel Alpinestars...very nice. :cool:

...a non bike related suggestion though if I may...if the camera can't take a macro picture, don't try to post a macro picture. Some of those pics are so out of focus they take a good bit of liberal interpretation to figure out which part of the frame I'm looking at! :LOL: :p :LOL:

utahdog2003":2dxadyi1 said:
Another steel Alpinestars...very nice. :cool:

...a non bike related suggestion though if I may...if the camera can't take a macro picture, don't try to post a macro picture. Some of those pics are so out of focus they take a good bit of liberal interpretation to figure out which part of the frame I'm looking at! :LOL: :p :LOL:

Yeah me and cameras dont get on. I have located the button with the flower on that Mark suggested and will take some better ones tonight. If they come out better I'll replace those i've posted.

Sorry to everyone's eyes who've looked at the blur I have posted :LOL:

What a bargain! Congrats :D I'll be following the build closely

Using that orange stem doesnt seem like a bad idea tbh. Good luck!

paint it white with new decals will look as good as new :roll:

A black stem would look better imho but the orange stands out from the crowd!

Right, first of all I have taken note of my appalling original photos. Mark was right, use that flower button and you can take close ups!

So here we go:

Here's the rub which is on drive and offside, bad heel rub but showing metal:

IMG_3677.jpg

Pic of the frame as is:

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

Some cool sticker swhich are coming off tomorrow ready for powdercoaters:

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

Threads are great on bottom bracket to my relief:

IMG_3678.jpg

Although look a bit rusty on the forks which should nonetheless come up ok I'm hoping:

IMG_3688.jpg

Have also acquired some Araya RM 17 wheels in mint condition on XT hubs. Also got a pair of reissue porkupine tyres thrown in for a bargain price down at my brilliant local (soanes cycles).

What does anyone think of these wheels?

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

flower on camera = macro = close-up goodness.
Let the camera focus and it will be your friend.... ;) :)

Fantastic improvement in the pics, nice one ;)

What a fantastic find with thos Araya's, Ritchey Comp's were factory correct, but IMO, the Araya's were a better wheel (especially with those XT hubs, too ;) ).

Keep 'em coming, I'm liking.. :)
Steve

Now thats looking better! Should build into a nice bike, i'd t-cut it and then see about touching it up.

Back