Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MCsanandreas' Trebor

• amedias' Ellsworth Dare

• BlackAdder's Saracen Addiction

• Total voters
i have narrowed it down but am really really torn at the top.

love the pace, love both yeti's and some of the gt's too.

i think i know but i think i'll have a think

the Pace will win for sure and deservedly so. Although it is special in a boutique and rare sort of way, it wont get my vote, as it didn't actually do anything for the sport. I'm struggling to think who raced one except Stefen Gleed? or Steve Geall? I forgot which.

an unashamed plug as I know I have no chance :LOL: but the relative abundance of LTS's generally ensconce their pedigree.

WHEN IT CAME TO COMPETITION, the LTS crushed its opposition. The strength of the LTS was its versatility over different terrain and bump eating performance. Downhillers loved them, and the race results backed it up. The biggest winning margin in the history of World Cup DH race was established with a derivative model of the original LTS concept. The infamous GT LTS DH. Ridden by Nicholas Vouilloz, the prototype GT LTS won on debut at the incredibly rough 1995 Cap d’Ail event by a massive 14.13 seconds, a record that remains unbeaten today. A year later at 96 Cairns World Championship, Nico, now onboard a Thermoplastic framed LTS DH running first generation Rock Shox Boxxers, defeated American sensation Shaun Palmer, who raced onboard the arguably the greatest DH bike ever, the Intense M1, to showcase how good the basic LTS design truly was, even against the latest generation of super bikes. An unknown British rider called Steve Peat was also winning British National and European regional events onboard an LTS DH. Back home, Michael Ronning, Scot Sharples and many other future World Cup racers also all kick started their racing careers onboard a LTS.

gone for the dh4. race heretige and , well, just look at it. awesome

I Like Jerky's Pace, but I like Gadro's Lobo...but which one's best? There's only one way to find out......FIGHT!

Sorry I meant to say race them both under the same rider down a DH course. My gut instinct tells me that much as I love and lusted after the Pace, the Lobo would wipe the floor with it and for that reason the Lobo wins my vote. The Pace is bike art, when the Lobo says "I'm here to eat your bike for breakfast". and then snap :)

John":2gn9gf1b said:
March 2010 BoTM is 'THE DOWNHILL SPECIAL'. We've not put any particular criteria on enties, instead we'll leave it to you to decide (and argue) what is or isn't a DH bike ;)

Good way to go!

Elites Yeti for me...

Rigid Klein?

I did a downhill day at the Fungle in Aberdeenshire on my Nishiki Alien Al - with Specialized 2.5'' tyres (cant remember what they were called back in the day - the biggest offroad tyres you could buy at the time!) for "suspension"..

What was the name of the guy who did the downhill race on a Rigid Klein (with no front suspension) from MBUK - wasnt it Lemming? AND HE WON

Dont mind the old duffer who vaguely remembers mountain bike races in the UK..

Or the moustached dude on the Alpinestars E stay thingy (for real!) Mike Kloser I think it was - he did a downhill in Aviemore at the Grundig many many years ago.. again, properly rigid bike!

I dont see why a rigid bike cannot be here.

Also, sad not to see any Boulders in here, or the bike with the tensioned steel cable inch worm frame down tube (how mad!).

Edited to say - I do love that Pace though - they are the best mountain bike company I reckon... it gives me sex wee when I see it - definitely a gorgeous bike - but I reckon Offroad is more the spirit of retro..

BOTM Downhill Special

The pace is so clean and a stunning build.

The proflex is the true retro DH steed that fathered the rest.

But I find it impossible to vote against a Yeti...after all there is only one brand!

Now which one. Ip dip dog shi...... :?

Back