Alan carbon - Lot of questions

retrobloke

Dirt Disciple
just picked up an Alan alloy/carbon frame, alloy forks of Ebay. Tried to get more info of the internet, but no luck. Can anyone help with general specs, seatpost dia and b/b size etc. The only help I can give at the present time is the seat stays are bent in a convex shape when viewed from the sides. If anyone knows a Alan/retro site. I would be grateful for any help. Just looked again it has a distinctive headset with an unusual locking ring.

Put some pics up and we'll see what we can do. From memory the seatpost is an oldball size :roll:

Cameras on the blink will do when fixed or found another in the house. I thought it would be a bit easier finding an old site on the internet.

Alan alloy/carbon frame info needed

Can somebody help with info for this frame, things like bottom bracket (Italian thread ?), seatpin size or any info on internet sites with spec for this frame etc. One thing to note, the seat stays are convex curved, is this normal for Alan frames of this vintage.

Attachments

• 2d5b_1.jpg
    2d5b_1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,531
  • 2d5b_1.jpg
    2d5b_1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,531
My Alan cyclocrosser has a 25.0 size seatpost ...but you have a mountainbike

Hi melvin
Thanks for info, i am just about to put your brake boosters to good use. I am drawing a blank on this frame, my worry is that the frame has curved seat stays, and perhaps it is not supposed to ??????
Is there any internet site with further info, I have drawn a blank on Alan/vintage searches
Neil

Neil,

I personally don't recall seeing those curves on Alan frames, but I have not the illusion I have seen them all or know everything on them.

Does it look not perfectly curved? Any marks?

Not long ago I accountered a site offering nos Alan frames. Among them road, cross and also ti frames. Don't recall mountain, but I will do a quick search again.

Thanks again Melvin for info. The stays look OK. If they had been straight at some point, I would have thought the damage needed to put the forks into a curve would have resulted in damage in other parts of the frame. Justs seems strange I cannot find any pictures/reference with the same curved stays.

Here's a couple of photos of the one I used to have, bought it cheap off ebay mainly for the parts

Can't remember the seatpost being anything too odd, BB was a standard English thread, as for the stays, I have included a photo.

Basically it was too small for me so I sold it on again, seemed nice, carbon tubes bonded to Alloy lugs with a bonded fork.

Attachments

• California May 2006 282a.jpg
    California May 2006 282a.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,463
  • California May 2006 285a.jpg
    California May 2006 285a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,463
  • California May 2006 192.jpg
    California May 2006 192.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,463

Latest posts

Back