Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea

• Don't care

• Total voters
For me personally I would not be convenient as I visit both sections

For positioning the road section properly it could benefit from a split

Alternatively try to rework the layout as suggested by some above already. Most seem to oppose to a split.

Ooh no, please don't. The vibe is lovely on both and they have a " mates rates " feel to them. The " re-organization " suggestions have a nice ring to them.

I have absolutely no interest in mountain bikes, so I wouldn't mind a UK based forum on old road bikes (including track and cyclo cross).

But if the road section doesn't get its own website, then at least the road section should have its own "Magazine & Catalogue Scans" thread.

I agree that it plays second fiddle to the MTB bits. But I'd leave it as it is :
- the site as a whole has lots of characters; good eggs that we'd miss
- the less we all make distinctions of cyclist types, the better we'll grow as a sport
- I'm sort of starting to dabble on the mtb side. Currently got a project on the go and meets like "three tribes" and "mr k's peaks day" are calling me

Some good feedback which I appreciate.

Seems others also share the view the road section plays second fiddle which is something Iwant to address. Perhaps the way forward is to make things more 'equal', maybe a user could select which section they wanted to appear at the top of the site?? Dunno. Need to mull it over.

pigman":vcddt4bn said:
- I'm sort of starting to dabble on the mtb side. Currently got a project on the go and meets like "three tribes" and "mr k's peaks day" are calling me

I am almost the direct opposite, my next project will likely be an old roadie, apart from anything else my move to London sees me using a road bike at least twice daily.

It would be a real shame to split the sites as I know my new found roadie urge will need to be nurtured in an environement amongst people I recognise and that wont shoot me down in elitist flames.

undecided

I am undecided :roll:
I like it on here as everything is together and it does have that 'matey' feel like the MTB section, from comments on bikes, regardless whether its an old Raliegh through to a some of the rare one off's at the top end, through to people helping each other out with parts. I havnt found this on any other road site.
Then again this site is filled with lovely bikes, some real gems that should be seen by a wider audience. I think if it was a seperate site it would grow to rival the size of the MTB site. Retrobike is seen, and this is my opinion, as a MTB site and the road bikes section is seen as its poorer sibling. The majority seem to come here for the MTB and I see this with the Macretro section. We have a lot of rides for MTB but I am having a lot of trouble getting a road ride together, theres maybe only half a dozen or so who I can think have road bikes.
It is convenient the way it is as I veiw both sections each visit and 50/50 which section I look at first, depends what i am riding or into at the time, winter is mainly MTB and spring/summer I have a lot of Roadie stuff happening. There seems to be so much information, knowledge and bikes on here and it does sometimes feel a bit hidden away. Its own site, I am sure, would bring a lot more members and I am sure grow to be one of the best of its kind, if it kept the same feel. It would also bring a lot more work I imagine.
Just my views, and I would support it either way.
Jamie

Back