Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

This build has some fantastic custom touches, understated and classy. Self restraint is the achiles heel of any customizing and I think you've struck a perfect balance.
Genuinely excited about seeing the finished pictures! Good luck with it all!

Looking up the posts I seemed to have missed a few, but the dates corespond to when I have been out of the country etc :oops:

Thanks for the comments guys :cool:

There isn't much to report though :oops: :LOL:

Everything is lined up ready to go but I still havnt found the forks I want :-( I have decided I will probably have to buy a full bike just to get the forks :-( but having made that decision I can't seem to find a full bike :LOL:

If I had a choice I would also like some nos / top condition :

Black ringles (wheel set)
Xt thumbies (think this may be sorted now)
735 rear mech

But none of the above will stop me building, just them damn forks ...

At this rate I think the proflex might actually be done first :shock: it's much easier to source 'modern' bits cheap than find retro bits :LOL: it's only missing wheels, cassette & headset ...

WD :)

just read the entire thread.

Superb work and attention to detail.

If i see the forks (or a suitable donor bike!) i'll let you know - it needs to be finished so we can have a clean sweep 100% vote fro BoTM!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks Adam :cool:

Could you translate ? Is the steerer 120mm and then 30mm of thread = 150mm, or is it 120mm total ?

If it's 150mm total I will do some checking of stack heights and ask for some pics of the dropouts :cool:

Cheers,

WD :)

The translation leaves room for speculation too so i asked the seller about the total lenght. As soon as i get an answer i'll post it here...

Back